If you have an emergency, call 911 immediately!

Wisconsin Fire News

Neighbor reacts to fire that closed a popular Madison east side cafe

VIDEO: Katie Montgomery was spending time with her granddaughters Sunday morning when her husband broke the news. “My husband came in and said, 'Whoa, did you hear about the Chocolaterian? And I said, 'No what? He said it burned up,” Montgomery said. “I was like, oh my God.” A fire broke out earlier Sunday morning at the Chocolaterian -- a popular cafe on Madison's east side.
- PUB DATE: 2/25/2018 9:00:11 PM - SOURCE: WKOW-TV 27 ABC

Fire crews help man after snowmobile falls through ice in Oneida County

VIDEO: A snowmobile fell through the ice Saturday in Oneida County. According to a Facebook post from Pine Lake Fire Rescue, a report of a man laying on the ice near open water came in around 2:30 p.m. on the bridge at County Road W near Birchwood Drive near Rhinelander. The department says the man was on his snowmobile when the ice broke and went into the water.
- PUB DATE: 2/25/2018 3:38:33 PM - SOURCE: WSAW-TV CBS 7 Wausau

De Pere police and fire department team up for safety training

VIDEO: Police and fire departments work side-by-side responding to 911 calls. But De Pere Fire Chief Alan Matzke says that also involves the same risks, "We don't know if they have weapons in that home, we don't know as to their mental health, so we find ourselves in a vulnerable position." That's why he says they're taking their partnership into the classroom.
- PUB DATE: 2/25/2018 3:25:17 PM - SOURCE: WLUK TV Fox 11

Joint training brings Holmen area fire departments together

VIDEO: Fire departments from around the region gathered in Holmen for a 12-hour training workshop this weekend. Facilitated by training officer Battalion Chief Michael Grazian and his team from the Chicago area, the workshop provides five Coulee Region fire departments a chance to train in a controlled environment with other departments.
- PUB DATE: 2/25/2018 2:35:46 PM - SOURCE: WXOW-TV ABC 19 LaCrosse

Two injured in duplex fire early Sunday morning in Appleton

VIDEO: Two people were injured in a fire at a duplex early Sunday morning. The fire was reported at 2:09 a.m. in the 1100 block of East Roeland Avenue, according to the Appleton Fire Department. Firefighters responded and found half of the duplex engulfed in flames. Firefighters searched the residence and determined everyone inside was able to escape on their own.
- PUB DATE: 2/25/2018 10:40:28 AM - SOURCE: Appleton Post-Gazette & Post Crescent.com

Oshkosh Area Women's Association gives funds to Utica Volunteer Fire Department

The January quarterly meeting was the place where representatives from the Oshkosh Area Women's Association presented a check to the Utica Volunteer Fire Department. Funds were raised at one of the OAWA's largest fundraisers in November, the annual dinner style show, "Celebrate the Season in Style". Mary Berger and Joyce Pollnow presented the check to Fire Chief Tim Oliver, to use for much-needed safety equipment.
- PUB DATE: 2/23/2018 9:32:14 AM - SOURCE: Oshkosh Northwestern

Fire at Briess Malting Company in Waterloo

VIDEO: More than two dozen fire departments responded to a fire at a Malt Factory in Waterloo Thursday night. Fire crews responded to the fire at Briess Malting Company on 901 W. Madison Street around 9:00 p.m. The fire was contained to a four foot space within the roof that contains insulation, according to Waterloo Assistant Fire Chief Wesley Benisch.
- PUB DATE: 2/23/2018 12:31:44 AM - SOURCE: WMTV-TV NBC 15 Madison

Six firefighters and one ER doctor to be honored in the City of Beloit

The City of Beloit Fire Department is honoring six firefighters and one emergency room doctor with a lifesaving award due to their efforts in caring for a patient in April 2015. The patient, 19-year-old Brody Austin, passed away following a motorcycle accident, but the level of care provided to Austin allowed his family to donate his organs.
- PUB DATE: 2/22/2018 3:50:34 PM - SOURCE: WCLO-AM 1230

Fire Chief believes wood stove started house fire east of Rhinelander

A cat died in a house fire in Stella Thursday afternoon. Firefighters responded to the call around 1:30 p.m., several miles east of Rhinelander. No people were hurt, but two cats were in the house at the time. One cat survived, the other did not. Damage was mostly in the basement. Crews had the fire under control by 2:30 p.
- PUB DATE: 2/22/2018 3:16:19 PM - SOURCE: WJFW-TV NBC 12 Rhinelander-Wausau

Fond du Lac city leaders commit to safety for students

Fond du Lac’s key leaders have joined together to assure the community there are safeguards in place, as the nation struggles the topic of school shootings. A joint statement was issued Thursday and shared with parents in the Fond du Lac School District. It was signed by Superintendent Jim Sebert, Police Chief Bill Lamb, Fire Chief Pete O’Leary and Bobbi Hickens, director of communications and emergency management for Fond du Lac County.
- PUB DATE: 2/22/2018 3:13:29 PM - SOURCE: Fond du Lac Reporter

Alliant shuts off some utilities in Rock County because of flooding

Alliant Energy officials announced the company has shut off utility service to some customers in the Janesville and Beloit area because of flooding. The areas that are most affected are low-lying properties near rivers, streams and lakes, according to a news release. Alliant Energy officials said some basements have flooded, causing utility equipment to be underwater.
- PUB DATE: 2/22/2018 9:13:27 AM - SOURCE: WISC-TV Channel 3000.com Madison

Fire destroys home in Village of Summit

VIDEO: Firefighters on Thursday morning, Feb. 22 were called out to the scene of a house fire near Mill Road and Venice Park Road in Village of Summit. The call came in around 4:30 a.m. When crews arrived on scene, they found a two-story home fully-involved in fire -- with flames coming from all four sides and the roof.
- PUB DATE: 2/22/2018 4:57:46 AM - SOURCE: WITI Fox Channel 6

Neshkoro Fire Department Honored Volunteers On FEB. 10

The Neshkoro Area Fire and Protection District’s Fire Department held its annual Christmas Party on Saturday, Feb. 10, at the fire station. In attendance were firefighters, spouses, girlfriends, family members, district board members and their spouses. Captain Jody Reetz and his wife, Jinny, prearranged catering with The Moose Inn of Wautoma.
- PUB DATE: 2/21/2018 1:05:13 PM - SOURCE: Waushara Argus

Follow Up: Diesel tanks, flammable materials help fuel fire at Sugar Camp machinery shop

VIDEO: A major fire destroyed a machinery repair shop in Sugar Camp on Wednesday morning, sending clouds of black smoke over the Northwoods. The shop, next to a home on County Highway D west of Sugar Camp, caught fire around 10 a.m. "There was a machinery malfunction that [the owner said] he was dealing with, and there could also be a heating issue," said Sugar Camp Fire Chief Jason Goeldner.
- PUB DATE: 2/21/2018 12:51:19 PM - SOURCE: WJFW-TV NBC 12 Rhinelander-Wausau

Chippewa Falls panel OKs fund drive to buy power cot systems

The Chippewa Falls Fire Department is seeking donations to buy two power cot systems for their ambulances and refurbish four existing cots at a total cost of about $58,000. Chippewa Falls fire Chief Mike Hepfler presented the plan Tuesday to the city’s Transportation, Construction, Public Safety and Traffic Committee, although he started raising money last month.
- PUB DATE: 2/21/2018 2:42:55 AM - SOURCE: Eau Claire Leader-Telegram

Fire in Sturgeon Bay downtown likely started in exterior waste container

Firefighters were on the scene Tuesday night of a fire reported about 9 p.m. at 19 N. Third Ave. The storefronts along this area include second-story apartments. The preliminary investigation showed the fire started in an exterior waste container near the alley behind the building, said Sturgeon Bay Fire Chief Tim Dietman.
- PUB DATE: 2/20/2018 11:52:09 PM - SOURCE: Green Bay Press-Gazette

Milton Firefighters help secure floating propane tanks

Firefighters from the Milton Fire Department helped secure tanks that were floating away at Milton Propane Tuesday. Firefighters from Janesville also assisted. Several busy roads were closed Tuesday due to flooding across Rock County. NBC15 reached out to the Milton Fire Department, but an official there could not provide any more information at the time on the exact number of tanks the department helped secure or how long crews were out.
- PUB DATE: 2/20/2018 9:52:26 PM - SOURCE: WMTV-TV NBC 15 Madison

Madison man detained after volatile chemicals found in apartment, authorities say

A Madison man was detained after volatile chemicals were discovered at his Far West Side apartment Tuesday morning, prompting the building’s residents to be evacuated, authorities said. The Madison Fire Department sent its Hazardous Incident Team to the Timberlake Village Apartments, 7425 Timberlake Trail, around 10:30 a.
- PUB DATE: 2/20/2018 8:55:28 PM - SOURCE: Madison

Marathon County home destroyed in fire, animals killed

VIDEO: A home near Athens went up in flames Tuesday night. Firefighters were called to the scene on County Road A in the Town of Johnson just before 9 p.m. Officials believe a heating lamp in the garage is to blame for starting the fire. The Athens Fire Chief said several pigs and two dogs died in the blaze.
- PUB DATE: 2/20/2018 8:17:21 PM - SOURCE: WAOW-TV ABC 9-Wausau

Controversy continues over Portage Co. volunteer fire station's future

VIDEO: Residents of Park Ridge will vote Tuesday on an advisory referendum concerning the volunteer fire department. The future of the station remains in question but in the meantime, residents are voicing their opinions. The ballot will have three options for residents to choose from: The first would offer a new building and updated equipment.
- PUB DATE: 2/19/2018 5:26:26 PM - SOURCE: WAOW Newsline 9

Pages