If you have an emergency, call 911 immediately!

Wisconsin Fire News

Barn engulfed in flames in town of Lyndon

Firefighters were called to a barn fire in the town of Lyndon just after noon on Saturday, Dec. 2. Dispatchers received several 911 calls reporting the barn fire on County Highway F in south-central Sheboygan County. Responding officers said a portion of the barn was fully engulfed, but that it was empty and no injuries were reported.
- PUB DATE: 12/3/2017 7:32:20 AM - SOURCE: Sheboygan Press

Vehicle hits state Capitol in Madison

VIDEO: A DOA spokesperson says it appears the driver had a medical event that led to the crash. There is no reported damage to the Capitol building. No one else was in the car when it crashed. Witnesses in the area at the time of the crash describe what they saw. "I was walking by and there was a car next to the Capitol.
- PUB DATE: 12/2/2017 9:24:18 PM - SOURCE: WKOW-TV 27 ABC

Car fire spreads to garage and house in Fond du Lac

PHOTO: On Saturday around 6:04 p.m. Fond du Lac Fire responded to 438 4th Street for a car fire. When firefighters arrived they found a car fire that spread to the house and garage. The fire also melted the siding of a neighboring house. The owner of the car used a fire extinguisher to try and put the fire out before firefighters arrived.
- PUB DATE: 12/2/2017 7:50:40 PM - SOURCE: WDJT-TV CBS 58 Milwaukee

Sun Prairie EMS assists with double-fatality crash in Windsor

Sun Prairie EMS paramedics assisted Dane County Sheriff's Deputies in responding to a double-fatality crash Nov. 30 in the Village of Windsor. Dane County Sheriff's Lt. Krista Ewers-Hayes said at 5:06 p.m., Dane County Deputies, assisted by DeForest Police, DeForest Fire personnel and Sun Prairie EMS, responded to a two-vehicle crash near the 6800 Block of North Towne Road in the Village of Windsor.
- PUB DATE: 12/1/2017 7:15:57 AM - SOURCE: Sun Prairie Star

Mauston fire station costlier than expected

A new Mauston fire station may cost more than initially anticipated. The Mauston City Council gave an update on progress to the new fire station at its meeting Nov. 28. Originally, the cost of the fire station was anticipated to be about $2.3 million. But Mauston City Administrator Nathan Thiel believes the likely cost will actually range between $2.
- PUB DATE: 12/1/2017 1:41:01 AM - SOURCE: Juneau County-Star Times

Broken toaster causes fire that severely damages home in Oshkosh

A malfunctioning toaster stuck in the down position caused a kitchen fire that severely damaged a home Thursday on the city's north side. Firefighters responded about 1 p.m. to the home in the 1200 block of Ontario Street, where they found heavy smoke, according to the Oshkosh Fire Department. One person was at home but escaped without any injuries.
- PUB DATE: 11/30/2017 4:15:35 PM - SOURCE: Oshkosh Northwestern

Kewaunee Fire Museum honors long department history

History comes alive along the Lakeshore. Finishing touches are being put on exhibits at the new Kewaunee Fire Museum. Just off the main road in downtown Kewaunee, a small concrete building sits next to the giant grandfather clock. Inside, is a trip back to beginning of Kewaunee Fire Department. "An 1884 hand-pumper.
- PUB DATE: 11/30/2017 3:47:14 PM - SOURCE: WLUK TV Fox 11

Grass fire damages 15-plus acres in the Town of Sun Prairie

No injuries were reported as a result of a grass fire in the Town of Sun Prairie on Wednesday, Nov. 29. Sun Prairie Fire Dept. Lt. Becky Gruber said firefighters were dispatched at 1:28 p.m. to the 2800 block of South Bird Street for a small outside fire. Upon the first truck’s arrival, a small area of grass land was on fire approximately 16 feet in diameter, located off of a driveway.
- PUB DATE: 11/30/2017 3:11:26 AM - SOURCE: Sun Prairie Star

Flames shoot 50 feet in the air after natural gas line malfunctions in Waupun

Flames shot as high as 50 feet into the air Wednesday morning after natural gas ignited at a malfunctioning shutoff valve. The Waupun Community Fire Department, with aid from Brandon-Fairwater and Alto Fire Departments, were dispatched to the intersection of State 68 and Ver Hage Road in the town of Trenton at 8:27 a.
- PUB DATE: 11/29/2017 11:32:30 AM - SOURCE: Fond du Lac Reporter

Solar panels start fire at Murray Mansion event venue in Racine

Two rooftop solar panels started a fire Tuesday at The Covenant at Murray Mansion, a wedding and event venue at 2219 Washington Ave. Racine firefighters responded to the call at 12:14 p.m. Business owner Kathy Meyer said afterward that she was told a police officer saw the fire and reported it. Flames were showing at the ridge line when firefighters arrived at the large event venue — the former site of Our Savior Lutheran Church — at the corner of Washington and Taylor avenues, said Racine Fire Department Battalion Chief Paul Madden.
- PUB DATE: 11/29/2017 2:49:18 AM - SOURCE: Racine Journal Times

Armenia fire displaces family

A mobile home fire displaced multiple people in Armenia. According to a news release by the Armenia fire department, the fire started in the area of the wood stove of the 10th street residence. The Armenia Fire Department, Nekoosa Ambulance, and Necedah Fire Department responded to the call. The American Red Cross is assisting the displaced family.
- PUB DATE: 11/28/2017 10:41:54 PM - SOURCE: wisc news

Rhinelander inducts newest firefighter into the department

Firefighters go through a lot of training in school, including the first year after they're hired. Rhinelander firefighters go through a probationary period before they are fully inducted into the fire department. Justin Feaker finished his probationary period and was sworn into the fire department at City Hall Tuesday morning.
- PUB DATE: 11/28/2017 2:14:16 PM - SOURCE: WJFW-TV NBC 12 Rhinelander-Wausau

Firefighters called out to fire at recycling yard in Milwaukee

Firefighters on Tuesday, November 28th responded to the scene of a fire near 35th and Townsend in Milwaukee. Crews responded to the scene shortly after 12:00 p.m. It happened at a recycling yard. No additional details have been released. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- PUB DATE: 11/28/2017 11:27:13 AM - SOURCE: WITI Fox Channel 6

Superior Firefighters 'go big' with CPR training

Another 325 Douglas County residents joined the ranks of potential lifesavers Monday when they learned hands-only cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) at Superior Middle School. "So everyone's going to wake up tomorrow being that much safer, and they don't even know it," said Battalion Chief Scott Gordon with the Superior Fire Department.
- PUB DATE: 11/28/2017 5:55:05 AM - SOURCE: Daily Telegram-Superior

Kenosha apartments damaged by dryer fire smoke, sprinklers

A dryer fire set off sprinklers at a Kenosha apartment complex which led to damage in several units Monday afternoon. The Kenosha Fire Department was called to Kenosha Commons, 5502 60th St., around 1 p.m. Battalion Chief Matthew Haerter said the fire was inside a dryer, eventually breaking out and spreading into the laundry room of a second-floor apartment.
- PUB DATE: 11/28/2017 4:45:51 AM - SOURCE: Kenosha News

Fire severely damages Milton Township duplex

One residential unit of a duplex at 1017 Sue Lane was severely damaged following early Monday morning fire. A press release issued by the Milton and Milton Township Fire Department estimates damages at $125,000 (including $110,000 in property damage and $15,000 in content damage). According to MFD, an adjoining unit sustained moderate smoke damage.
- PUB DATE: 11/28/2017 2:16:46 AM - SOURCE: Milton Courier

Fire engulfs Three Lakes cabin

A cabin in Three Lakes caught on fire Monday afternoon and continued burning for hours. Three Lakes Fire Department responded to a call from a neighbor of the cabin on Bundo Road around 4:00 p.m. "We got a call that there was a fully engulfed cabin and we responded. Right now we've got the initial knock down and [we're] doing some mop up right now," said Three Lakes Fire Chief Dave Kirby.
- PUB DATE: 11/27/2017 7:43:21 PM - SOURCE: WJFW-TV NBC 12 Rhinelander-Wausau

Wausau Fire Dept. kicks off Keep the Wreath Green Campaign

The Keep the Wreath Green Campaign returns to Wausau this holiday season. The campaign aims to prevent as many holiday-related fires as possible. There's a big wreath hung up in the front of the Wausau Fire Department building on Grand Avenue. Each time there's a house fire, firefighters replace a green bulb with a red one to remind everyone to be safe.
- PUB DATE: 11/27/2017 5:47:05 PM - SOURCE: WAOW-TV ABC 9-Wausau

Wisconsin may allow first responders to aid pets

Some Wisconsin lawmakers are pushing to change state law and allow first responders to treat pets when responding to an emergency. Wisconsin's veterinarian practice act only allows for veterinarians to give animals aid, WDJT-TV reported. Two bills are in committee in the state Legislature that would give first responders immunity for treating animals during an emergency call.
- PUB DATE: 11/27/2017 4:46:38 AM - SOURCE: Greater Milwaukee Today - GM Today

Two injured in Palmyra plane crash

The FAA and Palmyra Public Safety Department are investigating a plane crash that injured two people Sunday afternoon. According to officials, the Jefferson County Sheriff's dispatch center received numerous calls that a plane went down in a wooded area east of Palmyra Airport. When rescuers arrived on scene they found the airplane in a wooded swamp.
- PUB DATE: 11/27/2017 3:36:08 AM - SOURCE: WAOW-TV ABC 9-Wausau

Pages