VIDEO: The Marinette Firefighter who was injured while trying to save several pets during a fire at a home received a hero’s welcome back.
Jason Lemire was the firefighter who had to be transported to St. Mary’s in Milwaukee for the injuries he sustained during the incident.
Authorities say that Lemire was attempting to rescue pets that were still trapped inside the home when he suffered burn injuries due to a flashover, otherwise known as an instance of a fire spreading very rapidly across a gap because of intense heat. - PUB DATE: 12/8/2023 9:04:02 PM - SOURCE: WFRV-TV CBS 5 Green Bay
VIDEO: Bay Port High School and the Howard-Suamico Business Professionals Association hosted their third annual career fair. The event featured more than 60 employers and nearly 2,000 students.
Bay Port High School student Rylie Dickie says attending the career fair helped her get a head start on her career. - PUB DATE: 12/8/2023 1:25:08 AM - SOURCE: WFRV-TV CBS 5 Green Bay
Since the turn of the century, Wisconsin mothers who wanted to turn over their unwanted babies, had to do it in person at hospitals and law enforcement buildings, but lawmakers say it did more harm than good. Now, mothers can do it anonymously.
Governor Tony Evers signed a bipartisan bill into law this week. - PUB DATE: 12/8/2023 1:16:00 AM - SOURCE: WAOW-TV ABC 9 Wausau
PHOTOS: A barn fire in Calumet County Thursday left one person and dozens of cattle suffering from smoke inhalation.
At 9:21 a.m., the Chilton Fire Department responded to a barn fire in the town of Charlestown at N3035 Irish Road.
When crews arrived, they observed smoke coming from all sides of the barn, with flames on the south end where the upper portion was full of hay. - PUB DATE: 12/7/2023 7:31:57 AM - SOURCE: WLUK-TV FOX 11 Green Bay
VIDEO: Firefighters battled a large apartment fire Wednesday in Wauwatosa.
It started Wednesday around 4 p.m. at a two-story, 12-unit apartment building in the 9600 block of West Hampton Avenue. Smoke from the fire could be seen a mile away.
Milwaukee's assistant fire chief expects four units on the west side of the building to be impacted. - PUB DATE: 12/7/2023 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: WISN-TV ABC 12 Milwaukee
PHOTO: Antigo Visual Arts (AVA) teamed up with the Antigo Fire Department (AFD) for an art display in the AFD apparatus bay, led by AVA artist Vicki Eldridge.
Vicki is a creative artist who often uses recycled materials to make carved, award-winning totems and arts displays in the AVA gallery of the Langlade County Historical Museum. - PUB DATE: 12/6/2023 11:38:00 PM - SOURCE: WJFW-TV NBC 12 Rhinelander
VIDEO: Kenosha Fire is putting its youthful department in the hands of one of its most experienced leaders.
Kenosha's Police and Fire Commission has chosen Deputy Chief Dan Tilton as Kenosha's next fire chief. The 27-year veteran is set to replace Kenosha Fire Chief Christopher Bigley this spring.
Bigley is retiring on April 1, 2024. - PUB DATE: 12/6/2023 7:18:00 PM - SOURCE: WTMJ-TV NBC 4 Milwaukee
VIDEO: A house fire on Tuesday morning has left a family without a home and a firefighter with serious injuries. In Marinette the community is reacting to the tragedy.
Jessica Wille lives across the street from the fire.
"It just makes me want to cry,” she said. "I couldn't believe, honestly, the smoke and the flames. - PUB DATE: 12/6/2023 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: WGBA-TV NBC 26 Green Bay
A second leak in the heating and cooling system in as many school days resulted in the brief evacuation of Neenah High School.
According to a note to parents, the refrigerant leak was from the same unit that caused Friday’s evacuation. As happened on Friday, the leak triggered the building’s fire alarm. - PUB DATE: 12/6/2023 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: WNFL-AM 1440/FM 101.9 Green Bay
The Fire Commission for Neenah-Menasha Fire Rescue has announced the future appointment of a new fire chief for the department.
Officials say that Travis Teesch, who has over 30 years of experience, will assume the role of fire chief for Neenah-Menasha Fire Rescue on January 6, 2024, following the retirement of current Fire Chief Kevin Kloehn. - PUB DATE: 12/5/2023 10:11:00 PM - SOURCE: WFRV-TV CBS 5 Green Bay
Authorities say a fire that started Sunday night in the basement of an Appleton home caused an estimated $125,000 worth of damage.
According to a release from the Appleton Fire Department, crews responded at 7:56 p.m. to a home on the 1100 block of West Elsie Street for reports of smoke and flames coming from the home’s basement. - PUB DATE: 12/5/2023 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: WFRV-TV CBS 5 Green Bay
The Kenosha Police and Fire Commission has named Daniel Tilton as the Kenosha Fire Department's next fire chief.
Deputy Chief Tilton has been a member of the department since 1996, serving as a firefighter, apparatus operator, lieutenant, line and house captain and acting battalion chief. He was promoted to deputy chief in Dec. - PUB DATE: 12/5/2023 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: Kenosha News - Metered Site
A heating unit on the roof of a Madison business was causing elevated readings of carbon monoxide in an entryway of the building, according to the Madison Fire Department.
Firefighters were finishing up an EMS response at an east side restaurant in the 4300 block Lien Road near the East Towne Mall complex when they noticed a smell of natural gas in the entryway. - PUB DATE: 12/4/2023 4:43:00 PM - SOURCE: WKOW-TV ABC 27 Madison
PHOTOS: Sam Cooke, Madison firefighter and U.S. Navy veteran, loves helping others.
Cooke, besides putting out fires, does that through his cattle farm, Cooke’s Charitable, or CC Cattle Company, located in Rio.
Not only does Cooke’s farm, which he bought in October 2021 after searching for almost two years, donate beef from 10 grass-fed cattle to area food pantries, but it also houses five horses that will provide equine therapy to wounded veterans and fellow first responders who struggle with post-traumatic stress disorder, a mental illness that can develop in some people who have experienced or witnessed a terrifying, shocking or dangerous event. - PUB DATE: 12/4/2023 6:00:00 AM - SOURCE: Wisconsin State Journal - Metered Site
A storage shed and several tractors are completely destroyed after a fire in Lodi, according to the Lodi Area Fire Department.
The Lodi Area Fire Department said it happened Friday, December 1, 2023, at a shed on County Highway V. The report of the fire came in at around 2:15 p.m. Firefighters said reports indicated a 50'x50' storage shed completely in flames. - PUB DATE: 12/4/2023 3:30:00 AM - SOURCE: WAOW-TV ABC 9 Wausau
One person is without a home, and two dogs are dead after a kitchen fire at a residential home on Friday in the Village of Allouez.
According to the Green Bay Metro Fire Department, firefighters were sent to a single-story residential home full of smoke shortly after 5:30 p.m. on December 1.
Upon arrival, firefighters found a home with smoke showing, quickly entered the building and extinguished a fire in the kitchen area of the home. - PUB DATE: 12/2/2023 5:35:18 AM - SOURCE: WFRV-TV CBS 5 Green Bay
VIDEO: Classes resume Friday at Wild Rose Middle and High School Friday, a day after a fire injured two construction workers. One had to be airlifted to a hospital, the Wild Rose Fire Department said in a statement.
At approximately 2:12 p.m., the Wild Rose Fire Department responded to reports of a rooftop fire at the Wild Rose Middle and High School. - PUB DATE: 12/1/2023 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: WBAY-TV ABC 2 Green Bay
VIDEO: It is the 25th anniversary of the Oshkosh Fire Department Local 316’s Annual Food & Toy Drive, and the department collected donations during the opening night of the program.
On November 29, the department kicked off the program by going around the south side of Oshkosh. The route started near South Main Street and ended near Knapp Street. - PUB DATE: 12/1/2023 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: WFRV-TV CBS 5 Green Bay
PHOTOS: Sunrise Rotarian Lori Yahr, a 3-time Paul Harris Award recipient, sponsored the special Paul Harris Certificate of Appreciation for the group.
“We’ve been active in a number of things including putting up the walls for the Santa House at Enchantment in the Park,” said firefighter Steve Inhof. - PUB DATE: 12/1/2023 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: Washington County Insider
VIDEO: Multiple departments responded to an apartment fire in the Town of Sheboygan Wednesday afternoon.
The fire broke out in an upper-level apartment at Mapledale Residential Communities. Part of N 40th Street was blocked off, which intersects W Oakdale Ct.
Firefighters were on the scene within four minutes of the call. - PUB DATE: 11/30/2023 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: WBAY-TV ABC 2 Green Bay