VIDEO: The La Crosse Fire Department has welcomed five new firefighters. However, before responding to calls, the new recruits are required to go through four weeks of training. For Scott DeLong, the summer training is not his first experience as a firefighter with the La Crosse Fire Department. "Me and another guy actually started in April," DeLong said. - PUB DATE: 8/7/2018 6:37:01 PM - SOURCE: WXOW-TV ABC 19 LaCrosse
Investigators have ruled a deadly house fire in the Town of Clayton a murder-suicide. On Tuesday, the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office in conjunction with the State of Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigation and the Winnebago County Coroner’s Office, completed the investigation into the deaths of 27-year-old Ashley Mielke and 38-year-old Jeremy Wallenfang, whose remains were located in the burned rubble. - PUB DATE: 8/7/2018 3:10:29 PM - SOURCE: WFRV-TV and WJMN-TV Green Bay
The Green Bay Fire Department wants to make sure people still remember "Where there is smoke, there is fire." The U.S Cellular billboard on East Mason Street will be emitting fog as a way to attract attention to their message. The billboard company has sent out a notice telling people that there is no emergency. - PUB DATE: 8/7/2018 12:44:05 AM - SOURCE: WNFL SPORT REDIO
The Fill the Boot campaign is back this week – as the Fond du Lac Firefighters Local 400 aims to raise more money than ever to support the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Fond du Lac was the highest-raising fire department in the state last year, and they're hoping to bring in even more. Mike Spencer with Fond du Lac Fire and Rescue tells us “we’ve had tremendous community support over the years for this event. - PUB DATE: 8/6/2018 10:49:23 PM - SOURCE: KFIZ
Crews from both sides of the St. Croix River responded to a water call Friday after a boat burst into flames. Hudson Fire Department Co. 1 posted a brief video of the scene, depicting a fully engulfed boat on the St. Croix River.Hudson firefighters were assisted by Stillwater Fire Department, St. Croix EMS & Rescue, the St. - PUB DATE: 8/6/2018 6:48:20 AM - SOURCE: Rivertowns
PHOTO: The South Shore Fire Department was notified of a vehicle fire between two houses at 3202 Kennedy Drive at 4:11 p.m. Sunday, according to a press release from Battalion Chief Steve Salvo. After arriving on the scene, Sturtevant Police Department officers confirmed a fully involved vehicle fire and started evacuating residents from duplexes located on both sides of the vehicle fire. - PUB DATE: 8/6/2018 5:13:09 AM - SOURCE: Racine Journal Times
The City of Wauwatosa Fire Department has received the Insurance Services Office (ISO) Public Protection Classification rating of Class 1. This rating has only been received by six fire departments in Wisconsin and approximately 300 nationwide. The ISO currently evaluates over 50,000 fire departments with only less than 1% earning the Class 1 rating. - PUB DATE: 8/6/2018 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: City of Wauwatosa
VIDEO: Madison's hometown heroes took to the field Sunday for a flag football game to benefit local students. The Madison Fire Department went head-to-head against the Madison Police Department in the first-ever First Responders Bowl at Breese Stevens Field. The first responders participating say it was a good opportunity to show the kids they're normal people. - PUB DATE: 8/5/2018 8:01:02 PM - SOURCE: WKOW-TV 27 ABC
Crews battled a fire in downtown Clintonville Friday morning.
It broke out at a warehouse in the area of Main and 8th Street. The Clintonville Fire Chief believes the building is a total loss.
This is what firefighters encountered when they got to the fire, "Some of the main electrical lines and transmission lines were close to the building as well as the lines behind the building were arcing on fire. - PUB DATE: 8/3/2018 4:51:23 AM - SOURCE: WLUK TV Fox 11
Donations are continuing to flood in for the Sun Prairie community.
The Cashton Fire Department, which is near La Crosse, held a fill-the-boot fundraiser. All of the donations raised went to the Sun Prairie Fire Department.
On Thursday, Cashton firefighters presented Sun Prairie firefighters with a check for $3,000. - PUB DATE: 8/2/2018 8:53:01 PM - SOURCE: WMSN-TV Fox 47 Madison
A firefighter who was critically hurt after being hit by a vehicle while on the job is back to full duty.
Joe Sabol returned to duty with the Delton Fire Department Wednesday, according to a Facebook post from the department.
The post reads, "Please join us in congratulating Joe Sabol on returning to full duty and also his promotion to Lieutenant. - PUB DATE: 8/2/2018 3:06:34 PM - SOURCE: WKOW-TV 27 ABC
La Crosse firefighters were on the scene for four hours as they battled a fire at the Xcel Energy French Island plant Thursday morning.
The department was called shortly after 3 a.m. to the plant. When they arrived, flames were visible from the top of a containment bin.
Crews were able to contain the fire to the bin and conveyor belt. - PUB DATE: 8/2/2018 9:31:47 AM - SOURCE: WXOW-TV ABC 19 LaCrosse
Several crews responded to a fire at Banbury Place in Eau Claire early Thursday morning. Firefighters were called to the American Phoenix shop, where industrial rubber is mixed, just after 2 a.m. Our photographer at the scene could see smoke billowing out of the building on Galloway Street.
The Eau Claire Fire Department said a material in a machine inside the business caught fire, but it was quickly put out. - PUB DATE: 8/2/2018 7:03:38 AM - SOURCE: WEAU-TV 13 News
The North Lake community lost one of its most dedicated residents July 28, when Terrence "Tapey" Stapleton died at the age of 79.
Aside from a stint in the Maine Crops which took Stapleton to Guam and Japan, he spend his entire life in North Lake, since his birth in 1939.
He was best known for his dedication to the North Lake Volunteer Fire Department, where he served as chief for over 35 years. - PUB DATE: 8/2/2018 12:04:56 AM - SOURCE: Livinglakecountry
A Racine man is facing charges after reportedly attempting to burn down a family member’s home following an argument.
Clifford E. Mullins, 52, of the 1500 block of Monroe Avenue, is charged with felony arson of a building and three felony counts of first-degree recklessly endangering safety.
According to the criminal complaint:
On Tuesday, Mullins got into an argument with a family member at the family member’s home in the 1500 block of Monroe Avenue, where Mullins was also staying. - PUB DATE: 8/1/2018 4:31:10 PM - SOURCE: Racine Journal Times
Local students got a crash course in fire rescue and firefighting Tuesday as part of the Hendricks CareerTek summer academy series, hosted by the City of Beloit Fire Department at Fire Station One.
Students were able to dive into what it takes to save lives for fire operations, from firefighting tactics used by departments across the country to getting hands-on experience with fire prevention and fire control techniques. - PUB DATE: 8/1/2018 9:06:14 AM - SOURCE: Beloit Daily News
Two families were displaced Tuesday afternoon after a fire in the attic an apartment structure caused fire damage to one apartment and water damage to another.
A neighbor to the 701 McKay Way apartment noticed the smoke from the roof and contacted emergency personnel shortly before 1 p.m.
“From what I got, a neighbor across the street saw the smoke and called it in right away,” Waterloo Fire Chief Vern Butzine said. - PUB DATE: 8/1/2018 1:46:47 AM - SOURCE: Waterloo / Marshall Courier
Madison firefighters practiced their skills Tuesday on buildings set for demolition.
They were working on vertical ventilation tactics, which allows them to release heat and smoke during fires.
Madison firefighters typically train at Madison College, but they said Tuesday was a great opportunity for more training since the buildings on campus don't change. - PUB DATE: 7/31/2018 8:52:50 PM - SOURCE: WMSN-TV Fox 47 Madison
A 23-year-old Kronenwetter man charged with setting fire to a four-stall garage at the apartment where he lived is behind bars on $25,000 cash bond. Tyler Atkinson was arrested at the scene. Kronenwetter Police Chief Terry McHugh said the damage is likely around $100,000.
First responders were called to the Timber Creek apartment complex, off of Kronenwetter Drive, around 2:30 a. - PUB DATE: 7/31/2018 3:46:08 PM - SOURCE: WSAW-TV CBS 7 Wausau
Nobody was injured after a fire cost thousands of dollars in damages to a home on the west side of Madison early Tuesday morning.
The home suffered more than $5000 in damages after improperly discarded rags and paper towels used for staining spontaneously combusted, starting a garage fire.
Fire crews arrived at a garage with black smoke coming from the eaves on Allen Street that was filling both Allen Street and Kendall Avenue with smoke around 12:30 a. - PUB DATE: 7/31/2018 10:44:11 AM - SOURCE: WMTV-TV NBC 15 Madison