If you have an emergency, call 911 immediately!

Wisconsin Fire News

Car crashes into Sheboygan building, sets business on fire

A car crashed through the front of a building early Sunday morning setting the business on fire. According to the Sheboygan Police, around 2:25 AM the car driven by a 27-year-old man blew through a stop sign at S 24th Street and Union Avenue, crashing through the front entrance of Watson’s Vending and Foodservice.
- PUB DATE: 10/22/2018 4:32:59 AM - SOURCE: WDJT-TV CBS 58 Milwaukee

Eagle Point Volunteer Fire Department holds open house

On Saturday, the Eagle Point Volunteer Fire Department in Chippewa Falls held an open house to show their support for their community. The Eagle Point Volunteer Fire Department is comprised of 22 individuals consisting of EMRs, EMTs, first responders and volunteer fire fighters. Most fire departments located in less populated areas are staffed by mostly volunteers and many of the staffers are on call 24/7.
- PUB DATE: 10/21/2018 4:45:18 PM - SOURCE: Chippewa Herald

Firefighters respond to two Onalaska house fires

VIDEO: The Onalaska Fire Department responded to two house fires shortly after 7 p.m., Saturday. Firefighters were called to 203 14th Avenue in Onalaska for a garage that was on fire. The fire spread from the garage to the house, extending to a second house next door. No one was hurt but both houses are now uninhabitable.
- PUB DATE: 10/20/2018 8:01:52 PM - SOURCE: WKBT-TV CBS 8 La Crosse

Fire truck on order for Village of Osceola

Although it might not arrive for almost a year, a new fire truck is in the works for the Village of Osceola. The village’s board of trustees approved the purchase Tuesday, Oct. 9. The combined pumper and aerial truck, which will replace the fire department’s 1972 truck, will be built to specifications by Osceola-based Custom Fire Apparatus and finished within 300 days, according to the contract.
- PUB DATE: 10/20/2018 3:12:52 PM - SOURCE: Osceola Sun

DeForest Windsor Fire Board discusses new volunteers, an overpayment and ladder truck

A dozen new volunteers are aiding in staffing issues at the DeForest Windsor Fire and EMS Department. After losing several volunteers over the past few months, including senior members – and with more turnover expected – the 12 additional volunteers will help bring the department’s numbers closer to comfortable levels.
- PUB DATE: 10/19/2018 1:00:20 PM - SOURCE: DeForest Times

Electrical issue causes fire in Township of Auburn home Thursday

A home in Fond du Lac County sustained significant damage after a fire broke out Thursday afternoon. Crews were called to N828 Fond du Lac County V just before 1:15 p.m. after a passerby observed dark smoke and flames coming from the back of the home, according to a statement from the Fond du Lac County Sheriff's Office.
- PUB DATE: 10/19/2018 4:45:36 AM - SOURCE: Fond du Lac Reporter

Rubicon firefighter wins national award for hearing-impaired

Clare Wolf, a firefighter from Rubicon, has won a national award for the hearing impaired. She was a finalist in the adult category for the Oticon Focus on People Awards and won the most votes of three contenders. Oticon, a hearing aid manufacturer, honors individuals for their contributions to the hearing impaired community with the awards.
- PUB DATE: 10/18/2018 5:03:25 PM - SOURCE: wisc news

Gateway Technical College to host fire, EMS recruitment event

The Gateway Technical College Fire Program is partnering with fire departments throughout Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth counties to recruit new firefighters and emergency medical technicians. Gateway will host a recruitment event on Saturday, Oct. 20, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the HERO Center, 380 McCanna Parkway, Burlington.
- PUB DATE: 10/18/2018 1:10:51 PM - SOURCE: My Kenosha County

New Director will hire Poynette EMS District Chief Jan. 1

The Poynette-Dekorra-Lowville EMS District narrowly avoided the shuttering of its volunteer EMT program, thanks to an experienced firefighter and paramedic stepping forward to assume director duties. Amber Hahn, who has worked with the EMS District since 2012, and was a firefighter before then, volunteered to assume the reins of the district beginning Jan.
- PUB DATE: 10/18/2018 1:41:07 AM - SOURCE: Poynette Press

Tree service workers spot chimney fire in Jackson County

A chimney fire causes significant damage to a Jackson County home, according to the Black River Falls Fire Department. It happened just after 12 p.m. Wednesday, October 17 on Beaver Lane in the Town of Adams. The Black River Falls Fire Department says a tree service spotted the fire while in the yard cutting down a tree.
- PUB DATE: 10/17/2018 9:08:39 PM - SOURCE: WEAU-TV 13 News

Firefighters respond to fire in the wall at Green Bay Packaging

Green Bay firefighters responding to a fire in a wall at Green Bay Packaging on Wednesday afternoon. Green Bay Metro Fire Department units arrived and found Green Bay Packaging personnel trying to find and put out a fire in an exterior wall. A spark from maintenance work caught fire on the insulation in the wall.
- PUB DATE: 10/17/2018 7:02:44 PM - SOURCE: NBC26

New Holstein Fire Department purchases new equipment

New Holstein firefighters Nick Kaat, Brian Burg, and Corey Bratz hold the pieces of the new Hurst jaws-of-life equipment purchased recently by the department. The NHFD held a gun raffle in July during its annual picnic to raise funds for the purchase of the equipment, and other donations helped as well.
- PUB DATE: 10/17/2018 1:05:37 PM - SOURCE: Tri-County News: Chilton

21 displaced following apartment fire in Waukesha, cause under investigation

More than 20 people are displaced following an apartment building fire in Waukesha early Wednesday morning, Oct. 17. More than eight people, many with mobility challenges, were rescued from the interior of the building. Two were transported to the hospital. Crews were called to the scene shortly after midnight.
- PUB DATE: 10/17/2018 7:12:38 AM - SOURCE: WITI Fox Channel 6

Fire at Lawrence University Victorian Home

The Appleton Fire Department is investigating a fire at Lawrence University from Tuesday night. Fire crews responded to a report of heavy smoke and fire coming from the campus at around 6:30 p.m. The building that caught fire is a three-story Victorian home that was under remodeling. nobody was in the building at the time of the incident.
- PUB DATE: 10/17/2018 5:27:22 AM - SOURCE: WFRV-TV and WJMN-TV Green Bay

Proposed Chippewa Fire District 2019 budget calls for 4 percent increase

The Chippewa Fire District board is working to hammer out a 2019 budget that will satisfy the five municipalities included in the fire district. The board voted 4-1 to adopt a proposed budget for the EMS service that calls for a 4 percent increase. Town of Lafayette Chairman David Staber said they should consider increasing a per capita rate throughout the district, saying it has been too low for too long.
- PUB DATE: 10/17/2018 3:31:56 AM - SOURCE: Eau Claire Leader-Telegram

Milk jugs, residential plastic catch fire at recycling facility in Milwaukee

VIDEO: Milwaukee firefighters responded to a fire at Cimco Recycling on the city's south side on Tuesday afternoon, Oct. 16. The fire near Chase and Oklahoma was visible from multiple FOX6 News tower cameras in the city. "It was heavy, thick smoke. Really black -- and the wind was crazy too with it. That's what we were saying -- 'look at how fast the wind was blowing.
- PUB DATE: 10/16/2018 1:22:20 PM - SOURCE: WITI Fox Channel 6

Crews respond to St. Croix County field fire

Fire in a field near the St. Croix-Pierce county line was extinguished Tuesday after a combine caught fire. United Fire Chief Gary Newton said fire crews responded to a minor fire Oct. 16 in a field on County Road Y in the town of Rush River. A small fire began near a bearing on the combine's corn head, which threw sparks that ignited some corn stalks, Newton said.
- PUB DATE: 10/16/2018 10:15:20 AM - SOURCE: Rivertowns

Sun Prairie: Fire damages Chandler Lane home

Fire on Monday, Oct. 15 caused between $50,000 and $75,000 in damage to a Chandler Lane home, according to Fire Chief Chris Garrison. At 12:17 p.m., the Sun Prairie Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at a four unit multi-tenant building in the 900 Block of Chandler Lane. The first unit on the scene reported fire up the side of the building, but was unsure if it spread to the interior, according to Garrison.
- PUB DATE: 10/16/2018 1:41:25 AM - SOURCE: Sun Prairie Star

Green Bay attic fire displaces four

A fire on Green Bay's east side Monday night displaced four people and caused about $30,000 damage. The blaze at 1286 E. Mason St. was reported about 7:10 p.m. Firefighters found smoke coming from the building's eaves and roof, Drew Spielman, a Green Bay Metro Fire Department battalion chief, said in a news release.
- PUB DATE: 10/16/2018 12:21:20 AM - SOURCE: Green Bay Press-Gazette

Drone interference with first responders could lead to hefty fines

The Federal Aviation Administration is asking operators of unmanned aircraft or drones to consider the consequences when flying could interfere with firefighter, law enforcement or medical flight operations. Drone operators are now more likely than ever to face serious civil penalties for interfering with first responders, even for first-time offenses, according to a press release from the FAA.
- PUB DATE: 10/15/2018 5:25:02 AM - SOURCE: Racine Journal Times

Pages