If you have an emergency, call 911 immediately!

Wisconsin Fire News

Man injured, cattle killed in Plum City-area barn fire

Crews responded Thursday night to a Plum City-area barn fire that left one man injured and several cattle dead. The fire was reported at 8:45 p.m. May 24 at N3939 150th St. in the town of Union, where about 50 cattle were reportedly inside the structure. A 24-year-old man, believed to be a farmhand, was hospitalized at Mayo Clinic Health System-Red Wing.
- PUB DATE: 5/25/2018 7:27:30 AM - SOURCE: Rivertowns

Kenosha firefighters respond to apartment fire

Kenosha firefighters were called to an apartment fire late Thursday night at 7312 60th Ave. Initial reports of an active fire included scanner traffic of individuals on a balcony apparently having trouble escaping. There were no further detail as of press time Thursday evening. Units responded with several firefighting trucks, including a ladder truck, which was not deployed.
- PUB DATE: 5/25/2018 2:46:32 AM - SOURCE: Kenosha News

Board ponders future of Holmen Area Fire District

The Holmen Area Fire District Association Board is questioning whether its management model adequately serves the Holmen Area Fire Department and the communities it serves. The fire association board is made up of representatives from the village of Holmen and the towns of Onalaska and Holland and serves as the governing body for the fire department’s operations.
- PUB DATE: 5/25/2018 1:41:33 AM - SOURCE: Onalaska Holmen Courier Life

Tri-State Ambulance, La Crosse Fire Department reach paramedic pact to boost service

Gundersen Tri-State Ambulance and the La Crosse Fire Department have agreed to a partnership that is expected to help solve the local paramedic shortage that mirrors the same problem nationwide. The agreement, announced at a joint press conference Thursday at Tri-State headquarters in La Crosse and projected to take effect this summer, will allow fire department paramedics to apply for open paramedic positions at Tri-State, as well as fill paramedic shifts at the ambulance service as needed, Gundersen and city officials said.
- PUB DATE: 5/24/2018 3:50:26 PM - SOURCE: Lacrosse Tribune

West Allis firefighters battle garage fire, no injuries reported

VIDEO: West Allis firefighters battled a garage fire at a home near 67th and Beloit on Thursday afternoon, May 24. A Facebook post on the West Allis Fire Department Facebook page say the fire broke out around 1 p.m. Units arrived on scene within 3 minutes and found a detached garage fully involved with fire.
- PUB DATE: 5/24/2018 3:47:01 PM - SOURCE: WITI Fox Channel 6

Elderly woman dies in apartment fire in Franklin; 3 firefighters hurt

VIDEO: A fire broke out at a Franklin senior living community, killing an elderly woman and injuring three firefighters. It happened near 35th and College Thursday morning, May 24. A combination of Thursday's heat, with the amount of smoke first responders were met with, made the fire particularly tough to battle.
- PUB DATE: 5/24/2018 12:59:50 PM - SOURCE: WITI Fox Channel 6

Man's burnt marijuana ashes started the fire that destroyed his father's Summit home, complaint says

A Delafield man in February repeatedly dumped his burnt marijuana ashes on some cardboard boxes, which ultimately caused them to ignite and burn his father's Summit home to the ground, according to a criminal complaint. As a result, Joseph Fischer has been charged with misdemeanor negligent handling of burning material.
- PUB DATE: 5/24/2018 8:29:37 AM - SOURCE: Livinglakecountry

Several injured in Green Lake duplex fire

Several people were injured early Thursday morning in a duplex fire in Green Lake, with fire departments from four communities called in to fight the blaze. The fire happened at about 3:30 a.m. at 471 Meadowlark Lane, Green Lake police said. Occupants from one side of the duplex got out and the other unit was not occupied at the time of the fire.
- PUB DATE: 5/24/2018 8:28:20 AM - SOURCE: Madison.com-Wisconsin State Journal-Capital Times

Milwaukee prepares for a streetcar emergency

VIDEO: Milwaukee now has two streetcars being tested on the tracks. Three more will arrive as they’re completed at the factory in Brookville, Pennsylvania. As crews continue the on-street testing in Brew City, there’s also preparation happening behind the scenes. Milwaukee’s Heavy Urban Rescue Team is preparing for what could go wrong with The Hop.
- PUB DATE: 5/23/2018 10:11:48 PM - SOURCE: WDJT-TV CBS 58 Milwaukee

Competency exam ordered for man charged in Buffalo County church fire

A competency examination is ordered for the man charged in connection with a Buffalo County church fire. The competency hearing for 31-year-old Jessie Bromaghim is scheduled for July 6 at the Buffalo County Courthouse. Bromaghim is facing criminal damage to personal property and arson for the incident at St.
- PUB DATE: 5/23/2018 9:55:15 PM - SOURCE: WEAU-TV 13 News

Former Ledgeview truck stop damaged by fire

PHOTO: A fire damaged a former Ledgeview truck stop Wednesday afternoon. The call for a structure fire in the 3700 block of Elmview Road came in around 11 a.m., said Ledgeview Fire Chief Tom Guns. When firefighters arrivedm heavy black smoke could be seen coming out of the building, Guns said. The building has been used for storage for many years.
- PUB DATE: 5/23/2018 4:44:55 PM - SOURCE: Green Bay Press-Gazette

Seymour firefighters help rescue cat stuck in concrete step

PHOTO: A cat in Seymour got to keep one of its nine lives after police and firefighters found it in a cat-astrophic position. The black cat was found Wednesday morning with its head stuck between two pieces of concrete steps, leading to a vacant house in the 400 block of North Main Street. Seymour police officers were unable to free the cat, so the fire department and DPW were called to help.
- PUB DATE: 5/23/2018 9:16:28 AM - SOURCE: WLUK TV Fox 11

Arson investigation underway at Milwaukee home where 15-year-old boy was beaten to death

VIDEO: An arson investigation is underway after fire breaks out at a Milwaukee home Tuesday night -- where a 15-year-old Dennis King was beaten to death a few days ago. According to Milwaukee Police, a small fire started near the back door of a home near 12th Street and Keefe just before 10 p.m. Police say no one was home when the fire started.
- PUB DATE: 5/23/2018 7:10:40 AM - SOURCE: WTMJ-AM 620 Milwaukee

Overnight Blaze Keeps Fox Crossing Firefighters Busy

Fox Crossing Fire Department called our last night (Tuesday) around 6 for a report of a house fire at 1104 Lakeshore Drive. Police first reported that smoke was visible from the exterior of the vacant home and flames were visible from inside. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and found no one inside.
- PUB DATE: 5/23/2018 4:50:41 AM - SOURCE: WNFL SPORT REDIO

Follow Up: Residents return to 'The Ram' in Portage for vigil to honor boy lost in fire

Light returned Monday night to the Historic apartment building as many residents illuminated Commerce Plaza with the glow of a candlelight vigil. Dozens of people arrived in the square around 9 p.m. to remember Damien Lawless, the boy who died in a fire in a fifth-floor apartment Sunday morning. “He was a very fun-loving, charming boy, very energetic, and he always brightened everybody’s day that he came in contact with,” said 30-year-old Chad Lawless, father of the boy who would have been 2 in August.
- PUB DATE: 5/22/2018 8:02:50 PM - SOURCE: Portage Daily Register

Mosinee first responders recognized for National EMS Week

VIDEO: In 1974, President Gerald Ford authorized a week to celebrate the important work EMS workers do day to day. The Mosinee Fire District is one of hundreds of stations in Wisconsin with EMS providers. The department has 16 EMTs, 11 advanced EMTs, and 2 first responders. Fire chief Stephen Haas said he's proud of his team and called them selfless, knowledgeable, and brave workers.
- PUB DATE: 5/22/2018 8:45:47 AM - SOURCE: WAOW-TV ABC 9-Wausau

Follow Up: Parents grieve as officials say fatal Portage fire was started by child with matches

A fire that claimed the life of a 2-year-old boy was caused by his 4-year-old sister playing with matches, according to Portage Fire Inspector Craig Ratz. “It probably took us 7 minutes after we arrived to get water,” Ratz said of the fire Sunday morning in the Historic apartments in downtown Portage.
- PUB DATE: 5/22/2018 6:51:29 AM - SOURCE: Chippewa Herald

Green Bay basement fire caused by clothing on stove

Clothing and personal items on top of a hot stove are said to be the cause of a basement fire Monday night, the Green Bay Metro Fire Department said. The fire department was called to a home in the 800 block of Royal Boulevard Monday night after flames from a fire that started on the stove spread to a wall and ceiling in the basement.
- PUB DATE: 5/22/2018 6:18:43 AM - SOURCE: Green Bay Press-Gazette

La Crosse EMS providers recognized for service to the community

When someone calls in a time of crisis, emergency medical service providers spring into action. These providers are being recognized for their joint response efforts during national EMS week. EMS week is a way to thank those who help us in a time of need, like paramedics, emergency room staff or firefighters.
- PUB DATE: 5/21/2018 8:51:34 PM - SOURCE: WKBT-TV CBS 8 La Crosse

Holmen looks to future of fire department

VIDEO: The Holmen Area Fire Department is expecting changes in the coming months. They were already in need of a new assistant fire chief when Chief Paul Menches announced in April he would not renew his contract. Fire Board President Steve Johnston says it's an opportunity to plan for the future and replace some aging equipment.
- PUB DATE: 5/21/2018 5:55:51 PM - SOURCE: WXOW-TV ABC 19 LaCrosse

Pages