If you have an emergency, call 911 immediately!

Wisconsin Fire News

Appleton Fire Department sells thousands of t-shirts for Mitch Lundgaard's family

The Appleton Fire Department has sold thousands of t-shirts to raise money for fallen firefighter Mitch Lundgaard's family. After just two weeks of being on sale, the department has sold more than 4,000 shirts. Mitch Lundgaard was killed in a shooting at the Appleton transit center in May. The money raised is going to the Lungaard family.
- PUB DATE: 7/8/2019 3:11:53 PM - SOURCE: NBC26

No injuries following Appleton duplex fire

A duplex was damaged and is uninhabitable following a fire on the city’s south side. The Appleton Fire Department says it happened on Sunday around 11:23 p.m. in the 100 block of East McKinley Street when they were dispatched for a report of smoke coming from the duplex. Heavy smoke and fire was found when they arrived on scene.
- PUB DATE: 7/8/2019 3:32:04 AM - SOURCE: WFRV-TV and WJMN-TV Green Bay

Four people displaced after house fire in Combined Locks

Four people were displaced from a home Sunday morning after their garage caught on fire. Around 3:15 a.m., fire and rescue squads were dispatched to a home on Paul Court in Combined Locks. Officials say there were four adults and a dog in the residence during the fire. They all evacuated immediately along with surrounding residents in the area.
- PUB DATE: 7/7/2019 4:01:29 PM - SOURCE: WFRV-TV and WJMN-TV Green Bay

86-year-old man dead, his 62-year-old daughter injured in Cedarburg house fire

An 86-year-old man died and his 62-year-old daughter was injured in a Cedarburg house fire about 9:30 a.m. Friday, according to a joint news release from the Cedarburg police and fire departments. When fire, EMS and police arrived at the home on Hillcrest Avenue near Lincoln Boulevard they saw through a window the man on the floor of a front room that was "heavily filled with smoke.
- PUB DATE: 7/6/2019 5:29:58 AM - SOURCE: North Shore Now

Green Bay Firefighter to give program on vintage Door County fire engines

A program at the Door County Historical Museum brings a fireman and expert on firefighting history to its replica Pioneer Fire Company station to discuss the vintage fire engines there and how they operated. David Siegel of the Green Bay Metro Fire Department visits the museum Saturday, July 13 to explain the ideas behind the museum's three fully restored fire engines: the original hand-pumper used in Sturgeon Bay, an experimental chemical engine and the earliest motorized apparatus, an Oldsmobile engine built in 1920.
- PUB DATE: 7/5/2019 1:35:15 PM - SOURCE: Green Bay Press-Gazette

3 fireworks employees injured during Fourth of July fireworks in Waukesha

On Friday, July 5, fire officials from the City of Waukesha released details related to two fireworks-related incidents that occurred on the Fourth of July. Three fireworks contractors were injured during the first incident, and a residential garage started on fire during the second incident. Around 9:55 p.
- PUB DATE: 7/5/2019 11:47:04 AM - SOURCE: WMTV-TV NBC 15 Madison

Kaukauna man saves neighbor's home from fire

Authorities are crediting a man's quick actions with saving his neighbor's home from catching fire. The Kaukauna Fire Department responded to a report of smoke and flames coming from a garage near the 1300 block of Sullivan Avenue around 1 p.m. Thursday. The fire had been extinguished by a neighbor and only light smoke was visible when crews arrived, according the fire department.
- PUB DATE: 7/5/2019 1:41:51 AM - SOURCE: Appleton Post-Gazette & Post Crescent.com

Man swept up in Reedsburg flooding saved by neighbors, first responders

Neighbors and first responders rescued a man just before he entered a culvert beneath a roadway after he was swept into flash floods July 3 in Reedsburg. As water in the area quickly rose following a heavy rainstorm, Third Street resident Jessica Perea said she went out to check on her neighbors. She heard screams for help and saw another person trying to rescue a man she said is her neighbor.
- PUB DATE: 7/4/2019 8:35:05 AM - SOURCE: Reedsburg Times-Press

Six taken to hospital after floor collapses in Mukwonago

Six people were taken to the hospital after a floor collapsed in Mukwonago Wednesday morning. It happened around 8:30 a.m. at Kay's Academy of Dance in Mukwonago. According to Fire Chief Jeff Stien with the Mukwonago Fire Department, crews were laying concrete on the second floor of what will be a two-story building, and due to "some sort of failure" the floor partially collapsed.
- PUB DATE: 7/4/2019 7:03:40 AM - SOURCE: WDJT-TV CBS 58 Milwaukee

Fallen firefighter's family in Appleton thanks community for 'overwhelming generosity'

The family of fallen firefighter Mitch Lundgaard has issued a letter thanking the public for their support in the wake of Mitch's death. Mitch Lundgaard was an Appleton firefighter who died back in May after authorities say a man named Ruben Houston exchanged gunfire with police. Mitch and other emergency crews were on the scene to treat Houston for an apparent overdose before Houston pulled out a gun and started firing.
- PUB DATE: 7/3/2019 12:39:34 PM - SOURCE: NBC 26 Green Bay

13 cattle dead after barn fire in Waterloo

Firefighters on Wednesday morning, July 3 responded to the scene of a barn fire in Waterloo. Crews were called to the scene around 3 a.m. Authorities say 13 cattle died as a result of the fire, according to NBC 15. The fire temporarily shut down Highway 89 in both directions at County TV to County T.
- PUB DATE: 7/3/2019 6:33:00 AM - SOURCE: WITI Fox Channel 6

Manitowoc firefighters restore 1935 Mack fire engine

After being sold at an auction more than 50 years ago, a 1935 Mack fire truck originally owned by the Manitowoc Fire Department is back in the hands of Manitowoc firefighters. "I just thought it would be so neat for the city and the citizens to be able to see a piece of history from so long ago," said Jeff Keehan.
- PUB DATE: 7/3/2019 6:17:54 AM - SOURCE: Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter

Six people, 2 dogs escape house fire in Beloit

Six people were able to escape a house fire in Beloit on Tuesday afternoon. The City of Beloit Fire Department said they got a call about a fire on the 1200 block of Harrison Avenue at 3:20 p.m. Tuesday. When they arrived, the entire north side of the house was on fire. Because of the heat, crews requested mutual aid from other departments, including the Town of Beloit, South Beloit, Janesville, Town of Turtle, North Park, Harlem-Roscoe, Rockton and Edgerton.
- PUB DATE: 7/2/2019 11:54:33 PM - SOURCE: WISC-TV Channel 3000.com Madison

Kenosha firefighters find 7-year-old Racine girl left at church alone

Firefighters at Kenosha's Roosevelt Road fire station reported finding a 7-year-old girl over the weekend who was reportedly accidentally left at a church. The girl told Kenosha Police she had gone to church with her grandparents Friday and had fallen asleep in a pew. When she woke up, the church was empty and everyone was gone.
- PUB DATE: 7/2/2019 11:12:59 AM - SOURCE: Racine Journal Times

Superior Fire Department Finally Moves into New Headquarters

A new fire station for the Superior Fire Department has been in the works for several years. Now they have finally moved into a new state of the art headquarters. The Superior Fire Department has now transitioned from 10,000 square feet to more than double the space. The new facility will provide a lot more room to store equipment and supplies.
- PUB DATE: 7/2/2019 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: Fox 21 Online

Bipartisan bill would give tax break to volunteer emergency responders

Legislators on both sides of the aisle are seeking to recruit and retain more volunteer emergency responders by giving them tax credits. Assembly Bill 302 would create up to $1,500 in refundable tax credits for volunteer medical responders, firefighters and ambulance drivers in good standing with their departments.
- PUB DATE: 7/1/2019 9:15:19 PM - SOURCE: Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter

Cause of two-alarm fire at the historic Hartland Inn remains under investigation

A two-alarm fire caused heavy damage to the Historic Hartland Inn on Saturday evening. Crews were called to the restaurant, located at 110 Cottonwood Ave, around 10:30 p.m. Upon arrival, fire crews saw smoke and flames showing from the northeast corner of the building. Incident Command activated the MABAS system to the second-alarm level.
- PUB DATE: 7/1/2019 10:56:55 AM - SOURCE: WDJT-TV CBS 58 Milwaukee

Six adults, two children displaced by duplex fire in Janesville

Extra firefighters were needed to help with a duplex fire Saturday in Janesville because of this weekend’s heat and humidity. The duplex was located in the 300 block of North Chatham Street, said Janesville Fire Department Battalion Chief Ron Bomkamp. Firefighters arrived to find smoke coming from the roof of the building.
- PUB DATE: 7/1/2019 7:44:26 AM - SOURCE: WISC-TV Channel 3000.com Madison

Greenwood Fire Department: Lightning destroys barn, damages home

The Greenwood Fire Department responded to two reports of lightning striking structures over the weekend. WEAU-TV reports a house was struck by lightning around 8:45 a.m. Sunday. There was minimal damage to the home. A second call resulted in a barn being destroyed. The barn fire was reported around 11 a.
- PUB DATE: 7/1/2019 5:59:13 AM - SOURCE: WSAW-TV CBS 7 Wausau

2nd-alarm fire engulfs 113-year-old building in Hartland

History was erased after a fire gutted the decades-old Hartland Inn Saturday night, June 29. It was just about closing time Saturday night at Beer Snobs' when owner, Steve Berger, started to see a swarm of fire trucks from the window. "We looked over at the Hartland Inn and saw smoke. When that happened, our hearts all dropped here," said Steve Berger, Beer Snobs owner.
- PUB DATE: 6/30/2019 12:04:26 PM - SOURCE: WITI Fox Channel 6

Pages