VIDEO: Milwaukee firefighters were dispatched to the scene of a fire on a roof of a building on the city's south side. Officials with the Milwaukee Fire Department said a building at 2nd and Orchard was having roof work done by a contractor. A fire ignited. The cause of the fire is listed as accidental. - PUB DATE: 9/4/2018 1:56:23 PM - SOURCE: WITI Fox Channel 6
VIDEO: North Shore firefighters rescued a woman Sunday evening who fell halfway down a Lake Michigan bluff. The 58-year-old woman slipped down a steep, unpaved trail near Big Bay Park in Whitefish Bay, firefighters said. According to the fire department, she suffered minor injuries and was unable to walk back up the path herself. - PUB DATE: 9/4/2018 10:04:11 AM - SOURCE: WISN-TV ABC 12 Milwaukee
Mother Nature added insult to injury late Monday, Sept. 3 when she opened the flood gates again dumping an additional 2 to 4 inches of rain across an already rain-saturated Coulee Region. The down pour started at approximately 10:30 p.m. and continued into the early morning hours of Tuesday, Sept. 4. - PUB DATE: 9/4/2018 3:50:25 AM - SOURCE: Lacrosse Tribune
VIDEO: A community is heartbroken after the Wesley United Methodist Church in Marshfield was destroyed by a fire on Sunday. Investigators from the State Fire Marhsal's office along with investigators from Marshfield Fire and Rescue and the Wood County Fire Investigation Task Force are on scene. Investigators said they were called to the scene around 2 p. - PUB DATE: 9/4/2018 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: WSAW-TV CBS 7
PHOTO: The sound of scissors and clippers replaced the sound of sirens inside the Brillion Fire Department Monday night. The department organized a fundraiser in honor of neighboring Reedsville volunteer firefighter, Jacob Glasow. Glasow was diagnosed with ALS, better known as Lou Gehrig's Disease. The Brillion Fire Department left boots at several businesses with the goal of raising money for Glasow and his family. - PUB DATE: 9/3/2018 8:39:53 PM - SOURCE: WLUK TV Fox 11
A house fire early Monday morning on the city’s west side caused an estimated $40,000 in damage, and two occupants were treated for injuries, the Racine Fire Department reported. The fire at 5226 Marboro Drive was called in at 12:05 a.m., for smoke coming from the basement. Upon arrival, firefighters quickly contained the fire to one corner of the basement. - PUB DATE: 9/3/2018 12:40:46 PM - SOURCE: Racine Journal Times
The Viola Fire Station served as a place of refuge for residents devastated by recent flooding. Volunteers served meals, provided cleaning supplies, and offered those affected a place to rest. Neighboring fire departments, the Salvation Army, and the American Red Cross provided assistance and resources. - PUB DATE: 9/3/2018 11:43:53 AM - SOURCE: WXOW-TV ABC 19 LaCrosse
Representatives on the Holmen Area Fire District Association Board experienced “sticker shock” when they received a preliminary budget for the operation of the Holmen Area Fire Department next year.
Referring to the nearly $1 million budget as an advisory draft, Assistant Chief/Chief Buck Manley presented the operating and capital budget numbers at the fire board Aug. - PUB DATE: 8/31/2018 1:51:00 AM - SOURCE: Coulee News
After their largest flood in the town's recent history, La Farge is left picking up the pieces.
"We thought we had time, but we didn't because the water rose so rapidly here," Assistant Fire Chief Troy Deaver said.
Officials said the Kickapoo river crested at 19.42 feet.
"It got into our electrical infrastructure, transfer switch generators," Village President Greg Lawton said. - PUB DATE: 8/30/2018 9:35:07 PM - SOURCE: WKOW-TV 27 ABC
New equipment is coming to Wrightstown for firefighters.
It's part of efforts by Wisconsin Public Serivce to recognize emergency response agencies this week.
Firefighters were surprised with the donation of equipment to help rescue people trapped in vehicles.
An assistant fire chief says time matters and the new equipment will help. - PUB DATE: 8/30/2018 5:41:00 PM - SOURCE: WLUK TV Fox 11
One person is in the hospital after a house fire in Buffalo County on Tuesday.
According to the Buffalo County Sheriff's Office, the fire was called in around 10:50 p.m. Tuesday at a home on Highway 25 in the town of Nelson.
When firefighters arrived, the entire house was on fire. Deputies found a male with significant burns near the entry to the house. - PUB DATE: 8/30/2018 4:00:54 PM - SOURCE: WXOW-TV ABC 19 LaCrosse
Madison College is making life easier for rural firefighters.
Volunteer, part-time or full-time firefighters for the first time this fall may complete the school’s 62-credit Fire Protection Technician degree program online.
The school expects the move will help firefighters continue their education regardless of where they live or when they work. - PUB DATE: 8/30/2018 3:39:24 PM - SOURCE: wisc news
Sauk County Emergency Management evacuated about 10 Rock Springs residents early Thursday morning as the Baraboo River's water level continued to rise from the rain dumped onto central Wisconsin earlier this week.
While evacuations in Rock Springs are complete, according to Sauk County Emergency Management director Jeff Jelinek, county officials are turning their eyes to the next village in which water will pass: North Freedom. - PUB DATE: 8/30/2018 6:13:35 AM - SOURCE: wisc news
While the Mosinee Fire Department gets new boots, another one is filing them.
The Stevens Point Fire Department kicked off its annual "Fill the Boot" campaign Wednesday.
The fundraising effort raises money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association, helping patients and families suffering from muscle-debilitating diseases. - PUB DATE: 8/29/2018 11:01:18 PM - SOURCE: WSAW-TV CBS 7 Wausau
It was a pleasent surprise for firefighters in Mosinee on Wednesday afternoon.
Wisconsin Public Service Foundation surprised the Mosinee Fire Department with a $2,000 grant that was used for new equipment for the firefighters.
The firefighters thought they were going to a be given a training by WPS but instead were walked out to their firetrucks where brand new boots were on display. - PUB DATE: 8/29/2018 3:55:10 PM - SOURCE: WSAW-TV CBS 7 Wausau
An afternoon of kids playing in the rain turned into a frantic scene Tuesday as more than 40 emergency responders from a half dozen agencies descended on a subdivision here where an 11-year-old boy went missing, apparently sucked into a culvert in a drainage ditch following torrential rains that flooded the streets and swelled the nearby retention pond. - PUB DATE: 8/29/2018 3:48:31 PM - SOURCE: Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune
To honor fallen firefighter Cory Barr and help the Sun Prairie community, Potosi Brewing and Wisconsin Distributors are partnering to release a new commemorative pilsner.
A release says after the tragic events of July 10, when a gas leak caused a major explosion in downtown Sun Prairie, Wisconsin Distributors, which is located in Sun Prairie, wanted to do its part in helping lift everyone's spirits and bring the community together. - PUB DATE: 8/29/2018 8:31:24 AM - SOURCE: WISC-TV Channel 3000.com Madison
An 11-year-old boy was rescued Tuesday afternoon being disappearing in a flooded drainage ditch in Calumet County's Village of Harrison.
The sheriff's office says the boy was playing with friends in the drainage ditch at about 6 p.m. The severe storms had passed but it was still raining, and the road was under about 3 feet of water. - PUB DATE: 8/29/2018 8:03:37 AM - SOURCE: WMTV-TV NBC 15 Madison
Tuesday afternoon's storms resulted in more damage in some areas still cleaning up from storms over the past week. The National Weather Service will be sending survey teams to assess the damages to confirm multiple sightings of tornadoes.
Fond du Lac County Executive Allen Buechel declared a state of emergency, the county announced Tuesday night. - PUB DATE: 8/29/2018 6:44:43 AM - SOURCE: WBAY.com
Volunteer firefighters are hitting the streets in Eau Claire Tuesday to raise money to help children and adults living with muscular dystrophy, ALS and other related neuro-muscular diseases.
The Eau Claire Fire Department says it's spreading awareness for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Full-time firefighter and retirees will be stationed outside of Gordy’s Market, Walmart, Shopko and the Chippewa Valley Regional Airport to collect funds. - PUB DATE: 8/28/2018 5:06:35 PM - SOURCE: WEAU-TV 13 News