If you have an emergency, call 911 immediately!

Wisconsin Fire News

Sheboygan County sheriff's deputy involved in rollover crash

VIDEO: A Sheboygan County Sheriff’s deputy was involved in a rollover crash early Friday morning. It happened on I-43 near County Highway PP just before 2:00 a.m. Kohler Police say that the deputy was traveling northbound on I-43 when she noticed headlights in her rearview mirror approaching very quickly.
- PUB DATE: 12/9/2016 5:17:42 AM - SOURCE: WGBA-TV NBC 26 Green Bay

Milwaukee firefighters rescue 1 from burning house

Firefighters rescued one person from a burning house on Milwaukee north's side, officials said Thursday. The fire was reported about 8 p.m. Wednesday in the 2700 block of N. 16 St. and firefighters saw heavy smoke when they arrived, said Deputy Fire Chief Terry Lintonen. Three other people inside the house were able to safely evacuate, he said.
- PUB DATE: 12/9/2016 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Fire at Bellevue business traced to dirty rags

Dirty rags from wood staining are suspected as the source of a fire at a Bellevue business Thursday morning. Firefighters say they were called to Creative Deck & Gazebo, 2004 Commercial Way, around 6:45 a.m. When they went in, crews found dense smoke down to the floor. A short search led to the origin of the fire, and it was put out, minimizing damage to the building.
- PUB DATE: 12/8/2016 9:41:28 AM - SOURCE: WLUK TV Fox 11

Grease fire extinguished at Appleton restaurant

A grease fire in a restaurant kitchen is the third fire to be marked with a red bulb in Appleton's Keep the Wreath Green campaign. Firefighters say the fire at 110 N. Richmond St. was reported around 10:30 p.m. Wednesday. Employees found a grease fire on their grill. They were able to put the fire out with fire extinguishers before the fire department arrived.
- PUB DATE: 12/8/2016 8:56:46 AM - SOURCE: WLUK TV Fox 11

Lake Geneva Fire Department uses red wreath to promote fire safety

A wreath with red lights is now hanging above the apparatus door at the Lake Geneva Fire Station, 730 Marshall St. The wreath has about 15 red lights. But they're more than just decoration. The lights represent the possible fires that might happen through carelessness, said Fire Lt. Dennis Detkowski of the department's Fire Prevention Bureau.
- PUB DATE: 12/8/2016 1:55:24 AM - SOURCE: Lake Geneva News

Marshfield Fire Chief: Bullying scary, but taught empathy

VIDEO: The dangers and risks a firefighter faces are tremendous, but Marshfield Fire Chief Bob Haight said no blaze ever left him as frightened and trembling as he felt one day in grade school. Haight was 10 years old when the class bully grabbed one of his hands and one of his ankles and hoisted him over the rail of a second-story stairwell at school.
- PUB DATE: 12/7/2016 6:37:40 AM - SOURCE: Stevens Point Journal

Fire damages 4-unit complex on Madison’s east side

The Madison Fire Department said a fire on the city’s east side has forced a number of families from their homes. The fire call came in just after 5:30 a.m. in the 3100 block of Webb Avenue. According to numerous law enforcement sources, the fire caused significant damage to one unit inside the building, but all residents were forced out of their homes.
- PUB DATE: 12/7/2016 5:16:14 AM - SOURCE: WISC-TV Channel 3000.com Madison

Flames rip through Milwaukee church

VIDEO: A Milwaukee church is damaged after an early-morning fire. The fire was reported around 12:45 a.m. Wednesday at All Saints Fellowship Christian Church near 12th and Brown streets. Flames could be seen shooting from the building's roof. Investigators are now trying to figure out how the fire started.
- PUB DATE: 12/7/2016 4:43:42 AM - SOURCE: WISN-TV ABC 12 Milwaukee

Firefighters set to square off in third annual dodgeball competition in Lake Delton

The repartee is more relaxed, at times even subtle compared to a year ago. But the competitive fire still smolders within. “It’s mostly luck — if you need it,” said Lake Delton Deputy Fire Chief Jimmy Bowen. “We mean business this year,” said Kilbourn Volunteer Fire Department Capt. Steve Smith. Bow
- PUB DATE: 12/7/2016 2:45:00 AM - SOURCE: Wisconsin Dells-Events

Algoma quilters sending comfort to wildfire victims

VIDEO: Thousands of people are homeless in Tennessee after wildfires destroyed their homes, but a group in Northeast Wisconsin wants to bring some comfort to those victims in the form of quilts. Mary Stewart, owner of The Quilted Fish shop in Algoma, came up with the idea to send quilts and pillowcases to victims after talking to a friend working at a shelter in Tennessee.
- PUB DATE: 12/6/2016 8:41:57 PM - SOURCE: WGBA-TV NBC 26 Green Bay

Students allowed back into Green Bay school amid mercury concerns

Students are being allowed back into a “determined safe area” of Lincoln Elementary School following an evacuation for possible mercury contamination. The district says no students will be dismissed until they have been checked by medical personnel as a “precautionary measure.” The students are being allowed back inside under the direction of the police and fire department, according to the school district.
- PUB DATE: 12/6/2016 9:35:58 AM - SOURCE: WBAY-TV ABC 2 Green Bay

Milwaukee Fire Department Responds to Two House Fires

The Milwaukee Fire Department responded to two fires within an hour of each other this morning. The first fire was reported around 3:20 AM in a vacant home at N 10th and W Wright Streets. According to the Milwaukee Fire Department, when crews arrived, the structure was fully involved, putting them in a defensive posture.
- PUB DATE: 12/6/2016 9:10:44 AM - SOURCE: WDJT-TV CBS 58 Milwaukee

Crescent Town Fire Department fundraising for new pavilion, community area

VIDEO: The Crescent Fire Department spent years trying to find a good place for a town pavilion. It turns out the best spot was right in its own backyard. The department plans to build that pavilion right behind the Crescent Town Hall off Golf Course Road just west of Rhinelander. The Town Board swapped land with a homeowner to get several acres of wooded property.
- PUB DATE: 12/5/2016 6:40:05 PM - SOURCE: WJFW-TV NBC 12 Rhinelander-Wausau

Madison: Opioid overdose calls nearly double, meaning increased use of anti-overdose drug

VIDEO: Madison firefighters are using more and more of the anti-heroin overdose drug Narcan as overdose calls go up, according newly released statistics from the Madison Fire Department. Firefighters have responded to 427 suspected opioid overdose calls, which is nearly double the 222 calls they handled through last November.
- PUB DATE: 12/5/2016 5:16:52 PM - SOURCE: WISC-TV Channel 3000.com Madison

Racine woman rebuilding life after fire, displacement

Cheryl Weill, 50, decided not to go grocery shopping. Though her Friday after-work routine typically included such a trip, she decided not to Aug. 26. All but one of her five children were home that night. Weill has been a foster parent since 2002 and has two of her own from previous relationships. She has taken care of as many as seven children at once as a single, working mother.
- PUB DATE: 12/5/2016 2:20:37 AM - SOURCE: Racine Journal Times

Crews Deal with Vehicle, Fond du Lac Building Fire

Multiple fire crews battled a fire which quickly went from a vehicle to a building in Fond du Lac. According to Fond du Lac Fire and Rescue, they were called Saturday around 6:19 a.m. to 68 John Street. Firefighters saw flames coming from the roof of a building which contained multiple small businesses.
- PUB DATE: 12/4/2016 6:19:48 PM - SOURCE: WNFL SPORT REDIO

West Salem High School senior raises money for area fire departments

VIDEO: A West Salem High School student is presenting a check to area fire departments as well as two local Lions clubs. In Late September, West Salem High School senior Nick Miller, with the help of the Barre Co-ed Lions Club and the St. Joseph Ridge Lions Club, raised over $15,000 during the first Fore Alarm Scramble in memory of David "Gator" McClintock, a West Salem fire fighter who died in March.
- PUB DATE: 12/4/2016 5:14:28 PM - SOURCE: WKBT-TV CBS 8 La Crosse

Scrap yard warehouse destroyed in Lafayette County fire

VIDEO: Hours after a fire was reported at a fire at a salvage yard in Lafayette County Thursday, smoke could still be seen coming from a building on the property. The Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department said it is believed that something caught fire at First Capitol Salvage in the 400 block of Union Street in Belmont.
- PUB DATE: 12/1/2016 7:47:15 PM - SOURCE: WMSN-TV Fox 47 Madison

Fire damages downtown Madison apartment building

At least 10 people who live in the Uncommon Apartments building in Madison had to find a different place to stay because their apartments were damaged during a fire. The Madison Fire Department says the fire broke out around 12:40 p.m. Wednesday in the building in the 100 block of N. Bedford Street. The fire started in a room on the fourth floor.
- PUB DATE: 11/30/2016 11:14:17 PM - SOURCE: WKOW-TV 27 ABC

Fire damages building in Cranmoor

An early morning explosion Wednesday woke the marsh foreman for Searles and Son Marsh as fire broke out in a 4,900 square foot building. The building, a combination of maintenance shop and warehouse, was burning heavily and partially collapsed when firefighters arrived on scene at 3864 Searles Road, Cranmoor, about 10 miles west of Wisconsin Rapids, Vesper Fire Chief Dennis Dederich said.
- PUB DATE: 11/30/2016 5:37:43 PM - SOURCE: Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune

Pages