If you have an emergency, call 911 immediately!

Wisconsin Fire News

Area church prepares meal for Chippewa Falls firefighters

VIDEO: A feast for firefighters. It's how one local church is giving back to heroes who put their lives on the line to keep us all safe every day. Wednesday night, Zion Lutheran Church in Chippewa Falls prepared, and delivered, a meal to firefighters and EMS personnel at the Chippewa Falls Fire Department.
- PUB DATE: 11/30/2016 5:37:38 PM - SOURCE: WQOW-TV ABC 18 Eau Claire

Three hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning in Green Bay

Three people are being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning Wednesday morning. Green Bay Fire Fighters were called to a home on Deer Trail early just before 2 a.m. for the report of a sick child. When firefighters entered the home, a carbon monoxide detector on one of the firefighters EMS bag went off.
- PUB DATE: 11/30/2016 5:17:43 AM - SOURCE: WFRV-TV and WJMN-TV Green Bay

Wausau apartment fire displaces nine people

No one was hurt Tuesday afternoon after a fire broke out inside an apartment on Wausau's south side. The Wausau Fire Department says the fire erupted about 2:30 p.m. in the 1300 block of Townline Road. Firefighters were summoned on the report of "smoke showing" at one of the apartments, the agency said.
- PUB DATE: 11/30/2016 4:38:36 AM - SOURCE: WDEZ-FM 101.9

Lake Geneva Fire Department starts Red Wreath campaign

The Lake Geneva Fire Department wants residents to help keep its wreath red. Fire station number 1 on Marshall Street has hung a red wreath above the apparatus doors to remind residents to practice fire safety during the holidays, said Lt. Dennis Detkowski of the fire department's Fire Prevention Bureau.
- PUB DATE: 11/30/2016 2:19:39 AM - SOURCE: Lake Geneva News

Town of Beaver Dam has concerns with a new fire rescue contract

The city of Beaver Dam and the rural communities that make up the Beaver Dam Community Fire and Rescue Association went through every paragraph in a new three-year contract between the city of Beaver Dam and the townships Tuesday. One area that did not sit well with the town of Beaver Dam was a change to the contract includes a clarification to the services the Beaver Dam Fire Department provides.
- PUB DATE: 11/30/2016 1:51:35 AM - SOURCE: Beaver Dam Daily Citizen

One dead in town of Newark house fire

VIDEO: One person died in a town of Newark house fire Tuesday morning, Rock County Sheriff Robert Spoden said. The sheriff's office declined to share the victim's name, age or gender pending informing next of kin. The victim's identity likely will be revealed later today, Spoden said. The cause of the fire that destroyed the house at 10219 W.
- PUB DATE: 11/29/2016 9:41:14 AM - SOURCE: Janesville Gazette - Metered Site

Tenants displaced after Two Rivers apartment house fire

The tenants of three apartments in a Two Rivers apartment house will need to find another place to stay after a fire Monday morning. Just after 7:30, a woman in an upstairs apartment called 911 after smelling smoke and seeing an orange glow on the ceiling of her living room on the 1800-block of Madison Street.
- PUB DATE: 11/28/2016 5:14:19 PM - SOURCE: WBAY-TV ABC 2 Green Bay

Appleton firefighters respond to Fox River spill

Firefighters worked to identify and contain a spill in the Fox River Monday morning. Authorities were called to East Water and South Olde Oneida streets about 8:20 a.m., according to Appleton Fire Department Battalion Chief Joe Strauss. "There appears to be some kind of diesel leak that worked its way down into the river," Strauss said.
- PUB DATE: 11/28/2016 1:04:40 PM - SOURCE: Appleton Post-Gazette & Post Crescent.com

Fire closes Hwy. 47 near Navarino

Firefighters in Shawano County have State Highway 47 closed in both directions between Shady Road and Union Cemetery Road east of Navarino while deal with a burning building, according to the Wisconsin State Patrol. The Shawano County Sheriff’s office says the fire is at an engine repair shop. Fire crews were called around 7:00 a.
- PUB DATE: 11/28/2016 6:39:56 AM - SOURCE: WBAY-TV ABC 2 Green Bay

Wind Lake volunteer gives back to fire department

Wisconsin Halloweens can be cold and rainy, and 2011 was one of those. But for Jan Clements, a clerical volunteer for Wind Lake Volunteer Fire Department who that day was handing out candy to trick-or-treaters from the department’s ambulance, it was a day filled with joy for how far she’s come. “It was gut-wrenching to be back in the ambulance and to think that the last time I was in here was because of something bad,” Clements said.
- PUB DATE: 11/28/2016 2:16:02 AM - SOURCE: Racine Journal Times

Air Force fire chief pleads guilty

The former chief of fire service for the U.S. Air Force has pleaded guilty to two federal crimes, one for mishandling a defense contract and one for stealing more than $100,000 raised for charity and using it for gambling, vacations and to pay off personal credit cards, according to the U.S. Attorney's office.
- PUB DATE: 11/28/2016 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

No injuries reported in Wausau apartment fire

Firefighters responded to an apartment fire Saturday morning in Wausau. The fire was reported at 6:53 a.m. Saturday at the Landmark Building, 221 Scott St., said Wausau Fire Department Battalion Chief Allan Antolik. Damage was contained to a mattress on the third floor of the building and no one was injured, he said.
- PUB DATE: 11/26/2016 8:47:46 AM - SOURCE: Wausau Daily Herald

Wilson fire department taking shape

Plans to establish a municipal fire department in the Town of Wilson are moving forward bolstered by the decision of the current fire chief to stick with the department during the transition. Fire Chief Brian Schmitt, who initially said he intended to leave the department at the end of December, now says he'll stick around through the end of his term to see how the transition goes.
- PUB DATE: 11/23/2016 6:38:04 AM - SOURCE: Sheboygan Press

Building lost in Clintonville fire

VIDEO: For the second time in a little over a month, a building goes up in flames in Clintonville. The fire broke out in the apartments above the China King restaurant on Main St. around 2 am Wednesday morning. Clintonville fire officials say the building is a total loss. No one was hurt in the fire, but five people are now without home and are being assisted by the Rd Cross.
- PUB DATE: 11/23/2016 5:52:48 AM - SOURCE: WFRV-TV and WJMN-TV Green Bay

Fire damages home in Stevens Point

A fire caused extensive damage to a home Tuesday night in Stevens Point. Firefighters were called at about 9 p.m. to a home on College Avenue, according to Stevens Point Fire Chief Bob Finn. Smoke was already pouring from the home when firefighters arrived. No one was hurt in the fire, but the cause of the blaze was still under investigation, Finn said.
- PUB DATE: 11/22/2016 11:18:04 PM - SOURCE: Stevens Point Journal

Egg Harbor approves money for new fire truck

Fewer than a dozen residents — six town officials and four private citizens — were present Monday night for the adoption of the Town of Egg Harbor 2017 budget. Next year's $827,371 in spending represents an increase of $89,025 over the amount budgeted for 2016. All but $1,525 of the increase would be allocated toward purchasing a new fire truck within about three years for the joint Egg Harbor Town and Village Fire Department.
- PUB DATE: 11/22/2016 2:46:51 PM - SOURCE: Green Bay Press-Gazette

Eau Claire Fire Department urges community to help "Keep the Wreath Green"

The Eau Claire Fire Department hopes its holiday season tradition will help to prevent fires in the community. The department announced on Tuesday that it is placing five-foot wreaths in front of its stations. They are decorated with green lights, a symbol of a fire safe community. If a fire in the city causes any structural damage to a home or business between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day, the department will replace a green light on the wreath with a red light.
- PUB DATE: 11/22/2016 8:59:37 AM - SOURCE: WEAU-TV 13 News

Lake Geneva firefigher/EMTs train with ballistic gear

Firefighter/EMTs are used to running toward fire rather than away from it. But one kind of fire they've traditionally not trained for is gunfire. That's changing. With an increase in active-shooter situations, EMTs are now sheathing themselves in the same kind of protection usually seen on SWAT team members.
- PUB DATE: 11/22/2016 1:49:11 AM - SOURCE: Lake Geneva News

Hidden Threat: Firefighters face High Cancer Risk

VIDEO: When firefighters run into a burning building it isn't the flames that are most dangerous it's the smoke. The International Fire Association has deemed every house fire a hazardous material incident because of the increasing levels of hydrogen cyanide and carbon monoxide. “Right now cancer is the number one killer of firefighters in America,” said Curtis Dunn with the Firefighter Cancer Support Network.
- PUB DATE: 11/21/2016 9:35:36 PM - SOURCE: WGBA-TV NBC 26 Green Bay

Crews fight fire at Laona supper club

A fire at a recently opened Forest County supper club closed Highway 8 for hours Monday night. Crews responded to the Silver Lake Inn just west of Laona around 6 p.m. As of 8 p.m. Monday, firefighters were still working to put out the fire in the main restaurant building. Flames were seen coming out of the roof on the east side.
- PUB DATE: 11/21/2016 8:33:34 PM - SOURCE: WJFW-TV NBC 12 Rhinelander-Wausau

Pages