The body of a man who fell through the ice on a Walworth County lake Friday afternoon was found, officials said. Town of Geneva Police Chief Steve Hurley said the man's body was found around 5:00 p.m. after a search of the lake. Security officials from a nearby golf course called police around 1:15 p. - PUB DATE: 12/10/2016 6:44:31 PM - SOURCE: WSAW-TV CBS 7 Wausau
A 58-year old Mount Horeb woman was arrested on Thursday for attempted arson.
According to authorities, it is believed Krisann Hopwood intentionally released natural gas into her business, Hop's House, on Sunday.
Officials say Hopwood was booked into the Dane County Jail without incident.
The Mount Horeb Police Department is investigating the incident and says additional charges may be filed. - PUB DATE: 12/9/2016 9:06:55 AM - SOURCE: WMTV-TV NBC 15 Madison
VIDEO: A Sheboygan County Sheriff’s deputy was involved in a rollover crash early Friday morning. It happened on I-43 near County Highway PP just before 2:00 a.m. Kohler Police say that the deputy was traveling northbound on I-43 when she noticed headlights in her rearview mirror approaching very quickly. - PUB DATE: 12/9/2016 5:17:42 AM - SOURCE: WGBA-TV NBC 26 Green Bay
Firefighters rescued one person from a burning house on Milwaukee north's side, officials said Thursday. The fire was reported about 8 p.m. Wednesday in the 2700 block of N. 16 St. and firefighters saw heavy smoke when they arrived, said Deputy Fire Chief Terry Lintonen. Three other people inside the house were able to safely evacuate, he said. - PUB DATE: 12/9/2016 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Dirty rags from wood staining are suspected as the source of a fire at a Bellevue business Thursday morning. Firefighters say they were called to Creative Deck & Gazebo, 2004 Commercial Way, around 6:45 a.m. When they went in, crews found dense smoke down to the floor. A short search led to the origin of the fire, and it was put out, minimizing damage to the building. - PUB DATE: 12/8/2016 9:41:28 AM - SOURCE: WLUK TV Fox 11
A grease fire in a restaurant kitchen is the third fire to be marked with a red bulb in Appleton's Keep the Wreath Green campaign. Firefighters say the fire at 110 N. Richmond St. was reported around 10:30 p.m. Wednesday. Employees found a grease fire on their grill. They were able to put the fire out with fire extinguishers before the fire department arrived. - PUB DATE: 12/8/2016 8:56:46 AM - SOURCE: WLUK TV Fox 11
A wreath with red lights is now hanging above the apparatus door at the Lake Geneva Fire Station, 730 Marshall St. The wreath has about 15 red lights. But they're more than just decoration. The lights represent the possible fires that might happen through carelessness, said Fire Lt. Dennis Detkowski of the department's Fire Prevention Bureau. - PUB DATE: 12/8/2016 1:55:24 AM - SOURCE: Lake Geneva News
VIDEO: The dangers and risks a firefighter faces are tremendous, but Marshfield Fire Chief Bob Haight said no blaze ever left him as frightened and trembling as he felt one day in grade school. Haight was 10 years old when the class bully grabbed one of his hands and one of his ankles and hoisted him over the rail of a second-story stairwell at school. - PUB DATE: 12/7/2016 6:37:40 AM - SOURCE: Stevens Point Journal
The Madison Fire Department said a fire on the city’s east side has forced a number of families from their homes. The fire call came in just after 5:30 a.m. in the 3100 block of Webb Avenue. According to numerous law enforcement sources, the fire caused significant damage to one unit inside the building, but all residents were forced out of their homes. - PUB DATE: 12/7/2016 5:16:14 AM - SOURCE: WISC-TV Channel 3000.com Madison
VIDEO: A Milwaukee church is damaged after an early-morning fire. The fire was reported around 12:45 a.m. Wednesday at All Saints Fellowship Christian Church near 12th and Brown streets. Flames could be seen shooting from the building's roof. Investigators are now trying to figure out how the fire started. - PUB DATE: 12/7/2016 4:43:42 AM - SOURCE: WISN-TV ABC 12 Milwaukee
The repartee is more relaxed, at times even subtle compared to a year ago. But the competitive fire still smolders within. “It’s mostly luck — if you need it,” said Lake Delton Deputy Fire Chief Jimmy Bowen. “We mean business this year,” said Kilbourn Volunteer Fire Department Capt. Steve Smith. Bow - PUB DATE: 12/7/2016 2:45:00 AM - SOURCE: Wisconsin Dells-Events
VIDEO: Thousands of people are homeless in Tennessee after wildfires destroyed their homes, but a group in Northeast Wisconsin wants to bring some comfort to those victims in the form of quilts. Mary Stewart, owner of The Quilted Fish shop in Algoma, came up with the idea to send quilts and pillowcases to victims after talking to a friend working at a shelter in Tennessee. - PUB DATE: 12/6/2016 8:41:57 PM - SOURCE: WGBA-TV NBC 26 Green Bay
Students are being allowed back into a “determined safe area” of Lincoln Elementary School following an evacuation for possible mercury contamination. The district says no students will be dismissed until they have been checked by medical personnel as a “precautionary measure.” The students are being allowed back inside under the direction of the police and fire department, according to the school district. - PUB DATE: 12/6/2016 9:35:58 AM - SOURCE: WBAY-TV ABC 2 Green Bay
The Milwaukee Fire Department responded to two fires within an hour of each other this morning. The first fire was reported around 3:20 AM in a vacant home at N 10th and W Wright Streets. According to the Milwaukee Fire Department, when crews arrived, the structure was fully involved, putting them in a defensive posture. - PUB DATE: 12/6/2016 9:10:44 AM - SOURCE: WDJT-TV CBS 58 Milwaukee
VIDEO: The Crescent Fire Department spent years trying to find a good place for a town pavilion. It turns out the best spot was right in its own backyard. The department plans to build that pavilion right behind the Crescent Town Hall off Golf Course Road just west of Rhinelander. The Town Board swapped land with a homeowner to get several acres of wooded property. - PUB DATE: 12/5/2016 6:40:05 PM - SOURCE: WJFW-TV NBC 12 Rhinelander-Wausau
VIDEO: Madison firefighters are using more and more of the anti-heroin overdose drug Narcan as overdose calls go up, according newly released statistics from the Madison Fire Department. Firefighters have responded to 427 suspected opioid overdose calls, which is nearly double the 222 calls they handled through last November. - PUB DATE: 12/5/2016 5:16:52 PM - SOURCE: WISC-TV Channel 3000.com Madison
Cheryl Weill, 50, decided not to go grocery shopping. Though her Friday after-work routine typically included such a trip, she decided not to Aug. 26. All but one of her five children were home that night. Weill has been a foster parent since 2002 and has two of her own from previous relationships. She has taken care of as many as seven children at once as a single, working mother. - PUB DATE: 12/5/2016 2:20:37 AM - SOURCE: Racine Journal Times
Multiple fire crews battled a fire which quickly went from a vehicle to a building in Fond du Lac. According to Fond du Lac Fire and Rescue, they were called Saturday around 6:19 a.m. to 68 John Street. Firefighters saw flames coming from the roof of a building which contained multiple small businesses. - PUB DATE: 12/4/2016 6:19:48 PM - SOURCE: WNFL SPORT REDIO
VIDEO: A West Salem High School student is presenting a check to area fire departments as well as two local Lions clubs. In Late September, West Salem High School senior Nick Miller, with the help of the Barre Co-ed Lions Club and the St. Joseph Ridge Lions Club, raised over $15,000 during the first Fore Alarm Scramble in memory of David "Gator" McClintock, a West Salem fire fighter who died in March. - PUB DATE: 12/4/2016 5:14:28 PM - SOURCE: WKBT-TV CBS 8 La Crosse
VIDEO: Hours after a fire was reported at a fire at a salvage yard in Lafayette County Thursday, smoke could still be seen coming from a building on the property. The Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department said it is believed that something caught fire at First Capitol Salvage in the 400 block of Union Street in Belmont. - PUB DATE: 12/1/2016 7:47:15 PM - SOURCE: WMSN-TV Fox 47 Madison