If you have an emergency, call 911 immediately!

Wisconsin Fire News

Study looking at Ward Avenue for new Hudson fire hall

Following a study regarding the needs of the Hudson Fire Department in March, the city has approved moving forward with a study of the Ward Avenue property as the future site of a new station. The study will be conducted by Five Bugles Design, which did the initial needs study. At the common council meeting on Monday, Nov.
- PUB DATE: 12/6/2017 6:28:36 AM - SOURCE: Hudson Star-Observer

Racine firefighters, police help carry woman out of burning room

First responders helped save a woman who was unable to leave her home after a fire started in her room on Tuesday afternoon. Racine firefighters responded to a report of a fire at 3408 21st St., between Blaine and Arthur avenues. The call came in at about 12:20 p.m. First responders were made aware of the fire after they received a call from the woman’s Lifeline Alert system.
- PUB DATE: 12/6/2017 3:03:30 AM - SOURCE: Racine Journal Times

UWGB students to reenact Green Bay 1880 fire

VIDEO: Wednesday afternoon, 28 University of Wisconsin-Green Bay students are performing a reenactment of the great Green Bay fire of 1880. The reenactment takes place from 12:45 p.m. to 2 p.m. On September 20, 1880, sparks from the ship Oconto started a fire that tore through Green Bay's east side, destroying about 100 structures and causing 1 death.
- PUB DATE: 12/6/2017 2:07:00 AM - SOURCE: WFRV-TV and WJMN-TV Green Bay

Officials: Winds lead to difficulty putting out Town of Madison house fire

VIDEO: Firefighters put out a house fire at 380 Munn Road in the Town of Madison Tuesday afternoon, despite challenging high winds, officials said. A woman was home when the fire started just after 2 p.m., but was able to leave the house, Town of Madison Fire Department Chief David Bloom said. Bloom said no one was hurt in the fire, but said a pet iguana is believed to be inside.
- PUB DATE: 12/5/2017 2:22:07 PM - SOURCE: WISC-TV Channel 3000.com Madison

Beloit 'Shop With a Hero' serves 185 local children

One-hundred and eighty-five kids and their families had the opportunity Saturday to buy Christmas presents with local law enforcement and firefighters. The 17th annual Shop with a Hero event brought in 170 children to the Beloit Walmart on Saturday morning, where the kids were able to shop with an officer or firefighter to not only pick out presents for themselves but for the whole family.
- PUB DATE: 12/5/2017 7:18:18 AM - SOURCE: Beloit Daily News

Madison restaurant temporarily evacuated after carbon monoxide leak

VIDEO: Madison Fire Department said a business did the right thing after what could have been a close call with carbon monoxide over the weekend. Crews were called to That BBQ Joint on Williamson Street Saturday close to 5 p.m. after complaints of an “odd smell.” When firefighters arrived, they found a carbon monoxide leak and evacuated the restaurant.
- PUB DATE: 12/4/2017 5:30:38 PM - SOURCE: WMTV-TV NBC 15 Madison

Scammers claim to represent Madison area fire departments

Recent scams involving individuals claiming to be associated with area fire departments have local officials warning residents to be on the lookout for similar cons. Scammers have targeted the cities of Madison and Jefferson recently and are reaching out to people via phone and mail. According to a city of Madison scam alert release, a caller told a woman they were “from the fire department” and asked if she had her smoke alarms regularly checked.
- PUB DATE: 12/4/2017 10:57:42 AM - SOURCE: DeForest Times

Hot air balloon crashes into power lines in Center

VIDEO: Two people escaped injury Sunday morning when their hot air balloon crashed into power lines on Meade Street north of Wege Road in Outagamie County. One of the occupants felt tingling in his hands when they hit the power lines. They were instructed to stay in the basket until We Energies arrived to cut the power.
- PUB DATE: 12/3/2017 1:00:14 PM - SOURCE: Appleton Post-Gazette & Post Crescent.com

Merrill Fire Battalion Chief to retire

A Merrill Battalion Chief, Mike Drury, is walking out of the Fire Department doors after 35 years of service on December 8. Drury has delivered three babies, worked during a tornado, saved the driver of a semi-truck rollover, battled a huge building fire and much more. But, his friends insisted he talk about his helmet modeling days.
- PUB DATE: 12/3/2017 7:46:36 AM - SOURCE: WRIG-AM Fox Sports 1390

Barn engulfed in flames in town of Lyndon

Firefighters were called to a barn fire in the town of Lyndon just after noon on Saturday, Dec. 2. Dispatchers received several 911 calls reporting the barn fire on County Highway F in south-central Sheboygan County. Responding officers said a portion of the barn was fully engulfed, but that it was empty and no injuries were reported.
- PUB DATE: 12/3/2017 7:32:20 AM - SOURCE: Sheboygan Press

Vehicle hits state Capitol in Madison

VIDEO: A DOA spokesperson says it appears the driver had a medical event that led to the crash. There is no reported damage to the Capitol building. No one else was in the car when it crashed. Witnesses in the area at the time of the crash describe what they saw. "I was walking by and there was a car next to the Capitol.
- PUB DATE: 12/2/2017 9:24:18 PM - SOURCE: WKOW-TV 27 ABC

Car fire spreads to garage and house in Fond du Lac

PHOTO: On Saturday around 6:04 p.m. Fond du Lac Fire responded to 438 4th Street for a car fire. When firefighters arrived they found a car fire that spread to the house and garage. The fire also melted the siding of a neighboring house. The owner of the car used a fire extinguisher to try and put the fire out before firefighters arrived.
- PUB DATE: 12/2/2017 7:50:40 PM - SOURCE: WDJT-TV CBS 58 Milwaukee

Sun Prairie EMS assists with double-fatality crash in Windsor

Sun Prairie EMS paramedics assisted Dane County Sheriff's Deputies in responding to a double-fatality crash Nov. 30 in the Village of Windsor. Dane County Sheriff's Lt. Krista Ewers-Hayes said at 5:06 p.m., Dane County Deputies, assisted by DeForest Police, DeForest Fire personnel and Sun Prairie EMS, responded to a two-vehicle crash near the 6800 Block of North Towne Road in the Village of Windsor.
- PUB DATE: 12/1/2017 7:15:57 AM - SOURCE: Sun Prairie Star

Mauston fire station costlier than expected

A new Mauston fire station may cost more than initially anticipated. The Mauston City Council gave an update on progress to the new fire station at its meeting Nov. 28. Originally, the cost of the fire station was anticipated to be about $2.3 million. But Mauston City Administrator Nathan Thiel believes the likely cost will actually range between $2.
- PUB DATE: 12/1/2017 1:41:01 AM - SOURCE: Juneau County-Star Times

Broken toaster causes fire that severely damages home in Oshkosh

A malfunctioning toaster stuck in the down position caused a kitchen fire that severely damaged a home Thursday on the city's north side. Firefighters responded about 1 p.m. to the home in the 1200 block of Ontario Street, where they found heavy smoke, according to the Oshkosh Fire Department. One person was at home but escaped without any injuries.
- PUB DATE: 11/30/2017 4:15:35 PM - SOURCE: Oshkosh Northwestern

Kewaunee Fire Museum honors long department history

History comes alive along the Lakeshore. Finishing touches are being put on exhibits at the new Kewaunee Fire Museum. Just off the main road in downtown Kewaunee, a small concrete building sits next to the giant grandfather clock. Inside, is a trip back to beginning of Kewaunee Fire Department. "An 1884 hand-pumper.
- PUB DATE: 11/30/2017 3:47:14 PM - SOURCE: WLUK TV Fox 11

Grass fire damages 15-plus acres in the Town of Sun Prairie

No injuries were reported as a result of a grass fire in the Town of Sun Prairie on Wednesday, Nov. 29. Sun Prairie Fire Dept. Lt. Becky Gruber said firefighters were dispatched at 1:28 p.m. to the 2800 block of South Bird Street for a small outside fire. Upon the first truck’s arrival, a small area of grass land was on fire approximately 16 feet in diameter, located off of a driveway.
- PUB DATE: 11/30/2017 3:11:26 AM - SOURCE: Sun Prairie Star

Flames shoot 50 feet in the air after natural gas line malfunctions in Waupun

Flames shot as high as 50 feet into the air Wednesday morning after natural gas ignited at a malfunctioning shutoff valve. The Waupun Community Fire Department, with aid from Brandon-Fairwater and Alto Fire Departments, were dispatched to the intersection of State 68 and Ver Hage Road in the town of Trenton at 8:27 a.
- PUB DATE: 11/29/2017 11:32:30 AM - SOURCE: Fond du Lac Reporter

Solar panels start fire at Murray Mansion event venue in Racine

Two rooftop solar panels started a fire Tuesday at The Covenant at Murray Mansion, a wedding and event venue at 2219 Washington Ave. Racine firefighters responded to the call at 12:14 p.m. Business owner Kathy Meyer said afterward that she was told a police officer saw the fire and reported it. Flames were showing at the ridge line when firefighters arrived at the large event venue — the former site of Our Savior Lutheran Church — at the corner of Washington and Taylor avenues, said Racine Fire Department Battalion Chief Paul Madden.
- PUB DATE: 11/29/2017 2:49:18 AM - SOURCE: Racine Journal Times

Armenia fire displaces family

A mobile home fire displaced multiple people in Armenia. According to a news release by the Armenia fire department, the fire started in the area of the wood stove of the 10th street residence. The Armenia Fire Department, Nekoosa Ambulance, and Necedah Fire Department responded to the call. The American Red Cross is assisting the displaced family.
- PUB DATE: 11/28/2017 10:41:54 PM - SOURCE: wisc news

Pages